Author Topic: UK Government Expands Offshore Oil Leases in North Sea  (Read 223 times)

Offline DefiantMassRINO

UK Government Expands Offshore Oil Leases in North Sea
« on: October 17, 2022, 05:05:27 pm »
If the UK can do it, why can't America?  What's the deal with sanctioning the US domestic energy industry?

UK Government Expands Offshore Oil Leases in North Sea
https://www.enr.com/articles/54953-uk-government-expands-offshore-oil-leases-in-north-sea
By Peter Reina
October 9, 2022

The U.K.'s new Conservative government is offering as many as 100 new oil and gas exploration licenses covering nearly 900 areas in the North Sea. The move follows the government ending its moratorium of shale gas extraction imposed three years ago.

In offering the exploration licenses on Oct. 7, the U.K.'s North Sea Transition Authority identified four priority cluster areas close to existing infrastructure for rapid development. It takes on average roughly five years to commercialize new offshore gas finds, according to the agency.

The proposed exploration defies statements by the International Energy Agency and Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, which said that "new oil and gas development and exploration must end immediately as it is incompatible with limiting warming to 1.5°C," according to U.S.-based Global Energy Monitor.

Launching the North Sea drive, the U.K. government's business and energy secretary Jacob Rees-Mogg blamed “Putin’s illegal invasion of Ukraine." It was "more important than ever that we make the most of sovereign energy resources, strengthening our energy security now and into the future," he added. ...

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.