Author Topic: CDC director's sole 'parents' meeting on school reopening guidance featured left-wing activists, doc  (Read 236 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
POLITICS Published October 13, 2022 2:00am EDT
CDC director's sole 'parents' meeting on school reopening guidance featured left-wing activists, docs reveal

Rochelle Walensky met with the leader of a transgender-aligned group and others at orgs that are funded by deep-pocketed Democratic donors
By Joe Schoffstall | Fox News

FIRST ON FOX: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention director Dr. Rochelle Walensky met with parents just once leading up to the release of school reopening guidance last year. Now, new documents obtained by Fox News Digital reveal the parents featured in that meeting were primarily left-wing activists, including the head of a transgender-aligned group and others at organizations funded by Democratic megadonors.

Walensky frequently touted that they had consulted parents' needs for the guidance despite her calendar containing the sole 30-minute meeting. American Federation of Teachers president Randi Weingarten used the event to attack Fox News Digital and other publications for reporting on the CDC's closeness with teachers' unions. In May 2021, Weingarten tweeted a screenshot of a CDC email showing the event, saying the outlets "are probably never going to let their readers know that the CDC met with parents too."

The parents who participated in the meeting, however, almost exclusively included a handful of liberal activists, according to the previously redacted emails obtained by Americans for Public Trust as part of their FOIA lawsuit against the CDC and shared with Fox News Digital.

Walensky's private Feb. 10, 2021, roundtable featured five participants, including Roz Keith, the founder and executive director of Stand With Trans, an organization for parents of transgender children, the documents show.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cdc-directors-sole-parents-meeting-school-reopening-guidance-featured-left-wing-activists-docs-reveal
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson