Author Topic: Vladimir Putin. The invader making the EU green  (Read 434 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Vladimir Putin. The invader making the EU green
« on: October 13, 2022, 02:35:51 pm »
Vladimir Putin. The invader making the EU green

OVERALL No. 1
It took a war criminal to speed up Europe’s green revolution.

By invading Ukraine and manipulating energy supplies to undermine European support for Kyiv, Russian President Vladimir Putin has achieved something generations of green campaigners could not — clean energy is now a fundamental matter of European security.

The political response from the EU was swift: Within weeks of the February 24 invasion, a plan was sketched out aimed at unhooking the Continent’s energy ties from Moscow. It leaned on three pillars: cutting oil, gas and coal supplies from Russia; getting gas and other fossil fuels from elsewhere; and massively speeding up the roll out of renewable power and energy saving measures.

“Renewables give us the freedom to choose an energy source that is clean, cheap, reliable, and ours,” EU Green Deal chief Frans Timmermans said less than two weeks after Putin’s tanks rolled in.

https://www.politico.eu/list/green-28-class-of-2023-the-ranking/vladimir-putin/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Vladimir Putin. The invader making the EU green
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2022, 02:41:35 pm »
Revolution?

More like Devo.....   And not the band I tell ya.

Green polices are a straight shot back to 19th century life.  Sheeple are too stupid, and they'd rather listen to a worthless pointless Greta than any semblence of common sense.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2022, 02:53:04 pm »
Green polices are a straight shot back to 19th century life.

Not even that - I can convert fairly easily to a 19th century life, because I have abundant wood supplies and the availability of horses, mules, and draft horses - Albeit that draft horses would be in a shortage and at a premium - and I can fetch water from the creek.

Where even that is not possible, then 19th century technology is unattainable.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2022, 02:56:32 pm »
19th Century is not retro enough for the radicals ... still too much industrialization ... they want to go back to at least 1491 ... have us live in animal skin yurts and burn animal dung for heating and cooking.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2022, 02:56:58 pm »
Not even that - I can convert fairly easily to a 19th century life, because I have abundant wood supplies and the availability of horses, mules, and draft horses - Albeit that draft horses would be in a shortage and at a premium - and I can fetch water from the creek.

Where even that is not possible, then 19th century technology is unattainable.

True..

When things get bad enough, I am guessing there will be massive casualty events in inner cities, as things turn "Road Warrior"

I also beleive there will be a reversal of policies once its realized its survival at risk.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2022, 03:02:21 pm »
True..

When things get bad enough, I am guessing there will be massive casualty events in inner cities, as things turn "Road Warrior"

I also beleive there will be a reversal of policies once its realized its survival at risk.

Like the carnage from COVID, all it takes is for the people to stop listening to these a**holes. How many more must needlessly face a cruel death before inevitably, truth begins to prevail?

My faith in humanity, small though it is, has been shaken yet again.

Mindless sheep, ripe for the slaughter... It is the greatest tragedy possible.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2022, 05:28:47 pm »
:mauslaff:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2022, 05:29:39 pm »
I read that when media says "renewables" they mostly mean wood.