Author Topic: Joining Battle Over The "Science" Of Global Warming  (Read 175 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Joining Battle Over The "Science" Of Global Warming
« on: October 13, 2022, 02:03:39 pm »
Joining Battle Over The "Science" Of Global Warming
October 11, 2022/ Francis Menton

If you read this blog regularly, you likely are a follower of the global warming wars — the ongoing political struggle over government-led efforts in the US and elsewhere to transform the energy economy to get rid of fossil fuels and their associated “carbon emissions.”  Lately, those wars have been focused less on what might be called the “science” of global warming — that is, the extent to which human carbon emissions may be causing atmospheric warming and whether that warming might be dangerous — and more on issues of practicality and cost of the proposed of energy transition.   After all, as to the “science” issues, we are instructed endlessly by our politicians and media that the science of global warming is “settled.”  So what’s the point of debating that any more?

In the real world, the “science” behind the claim that human carbon emissions are heading us toward some kind of planetary catastrophe is not only not “settled,” but actually non-existent.  Nevertheless debating that subject can quickly lead to arguments couched in technical jargon and mathematics that very few people will try to follow.   By contrast, almost anybody can quickly grasp why wind and solar electricity generation can’t work to power a modern economy and will multiply electricity bills by an order of magnitude.

But don’t get the idea that everybody has just given up on exposing the fake “science” behind the global warming scare.  In fact, the Manhattan Contrarian is on the job — along with a hardy band of intrepid warriors with which I am associated.  On Friday of this week, my co-counsel and I, on behalf of a small group of plaintiffs, will be filing an opening appeal brief in the DC Circuit challenging the 2009 “finding” made by the EPA that emissions of CO2 and other greenhouse gases constitute a “danger” to human health and safety.  I’ll use this post to give a brief preview, with more detail to follow after the brief becomes public.

https://www.manhattancontrarian.com/blog/2022-10-11-joining-battle-over-the-science-of-global-warming
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson