Author Topic: US to start returning Venezuelan migrants to Mexico  (Read 203 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US to start returning Venezuelan migrants to Mexico
« on: October 13, 2022, 11:20:45 am »
US to start returning Venezuelan migrants to Mexico
El Paso Matters - Yesterday 8:12 PM

U.S. immigration officers will begin returning Venezuelan migrants to Mexico if they cross between ports of entry, the Biden administration announced Wednesday.

The policy shift likely will have immense implications in El Paso, which has seen a dramatic increase in migrants from Venezuela crossing to El Paso from Juárez in recent weeks.

“This decision will provide some much needed decompression as we manage this humanitarian crisis so that we may treat every individual with compassion while following the law, and as all of us would like to be treated,” Mayor Oscar Leeser said in a statement.

The Biden administration also announced a new effort that could let 24,000 Venezuelans enter the country legally. It also announced a joint effort with Mexico to stop irregular migration of Venezuelans who have been moving northward in massive numbers from South America.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-to-start-returning-venezuelan-migrants-to-mexico/ar-AA12TMF6?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=3bf361e5343a4f8297d92797ccb6775f
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson