Author Topic: Yellen: I’m ‘in Good Company in Failing to See That Inflation Would Increase and Remain as Persisten  (Read 737 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Yellen: I’m ‘in Good Company in Failing to See That Inflation Would Increase and Remain as Persistent as It Has’

Ian Hanchett 11 Oct 2022

During an interview with CNBC released on Tuesday, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said that she “was in good company in failing to see that inflation would increase and remain as persistent as it has.” And blamed “a series of shocks that virtually no one could have predicted” like Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and supply issues for the inflation problems.

Yellen responded to some Republicans calling for her resignation for incorrectly forecasting inflation by stating, “I think, through a series of shocks that virtually no one could have predicted, including Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, that have pushed up prices and a series of supply challenges that most people did not anticipate, including me, I think I was in good company in failing to see that inflation would increase and remain as persistent as it has. The Fed clearly understands the problem it faces. And we’re supportive of the actions that they’re taking to bring it down. It is President Biden’s top economic priority.”

In May, Yellen stated that there had been “unanticipated and large shocks to the economy that have boosted energy and food prices, and supply bottlenecks that have affected our economy badly” that she, at the time, “didn’t fully understand.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/10/11/yellen-im-in-good-company-in-failing-to-see-that-inflation-would-increase-and-remain-as-persistent-as-it-has/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Yellen: U.S. Economy ‘Doing Very Well’ But ‘We’re Going to See and Can’t Be Sure’ on Recession in 6-9 Months

Ian Hanchett 11 Oct 2022

During an interview with CNBC released on Tuesday, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen stated that she thinks the United States economy “is doing very well” even though inflation “is too high.” And responded to JP Morgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon’s prediction of a recession in the next six to nine months by stating that “we’re going to see and can’t be sure.” But she still believes the economy is doing well.

Yellen said, “I think the United States is doing very well. And we had an employment report just last Friday that shows we continue to have a very resilient economy, an economy, of course, that’s slowing. Which is something we expected fully after a very strong recovery. We essentially erased the shortfall in output from its potential. The ARP (American Rescue Plan) accomplished that. We would expect slower growth. But we still had over 260,000 jobs last month and have a very strong job market, although we’re beginning to see some signs that pressures in the labor market are easing. So, I remain encouraged. The U.S. economy is strong. And, as I’ve said on other occasions, I think there’s a path through. Obviously, inflation is too high. It’s a priority to lower it. But I think there’s a path to accomplish that while maintaining a healthy labor market.”

Host Sara Eisen then asked, “Is the U.S. really strong right now, economically? The stock market has gotten crushed. So have U.S. bonds. The CEO of the biggest bank, JP Morgan, Jamie Dimon, told us this week that he expects a U.S. recession in the next six to nine months.”

Yellen responded, “Well, look, we’re going to see and can’t be sure. But I’m very encouraged by a continued strong labor market. People feel good about the labor market. They’re, of course, concerned about inflation and we need to bring that down. But household balance sheets remain strong. Firms, even with rising interest rates, have debt burdens that are, by and large, manageable. And while there’s been a good deal of financial market volatility and some concerns about liquidity and the potential for liquidity strains in the Treasury market, we really haven’t seen signs of financial [instability] in the United States in our financial markets. They continue to function well and we’re not seeing signs of deleveraging of the kind that sometimes occurs in an environment of tighter monetary policy. So, I think the U.S. economy continues to do well.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/10/11/yellen-u-s-economy-doing-very-well-but-were-going-to-see-and-cant-be-sure-on-recession-in-6-9-months/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Good company? Lady, you're the pro here. This is your area of expertise. No excuses for you.
The Republic is lost.

Offline roamer_1

Good company? Lady, you're the pro here. This is your area of expertise. No excuses for you.

I was gonna say - There's a whole bunch of non-professional red-state morons right here on this board that called it to the letter.... Plain as the nose on your face. It didn't even take crayons.

Doesn't say much for the so-called 'good company' she's hangin with.  :whistle:

Online Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Offline cato potatoe

Why do they keep predicting a recession, as if we haven't been in one since Christmas?

Offline DB

Why do they keep predicting a recession, as if we haven't been in one since Christmas?

Because they are political hacks and not competent at their actual job.

Online Kamaji

Because if the dems win the midterms, they will announce that the election has "saved" us from recession - notwithstanding that we're actually in one - and if the dems lose the midterms, then they will announce that the election has "doomed" us to a recession.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Yellen: I’m ‘in Good Company in Failing to See That Inflation Would Increase and Remain as Persistent as It Has’

Re-phrased:
"I'm just another idiot, as dumb, wrong and incompetent as everyone else..."