Author Topic: James Tabor~What the Bible Really Says About Death, Afterlife, and Resurrection? (Video)  (Read 960 times)

Offline corbe

James Tabor~What the Bible Really Says About Death, Afterlife, and Resurrection?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRanXjQPWeM
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
 :bkmk: thanks for posting!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 02:43:37 am by Texas Yellow Rose »

Online roamer_1

Alright @corbe ... Get us started. What are you looking for?

One thing this guy has messed up:

'They are dead, they will not rise - They are shades, they will not live' refers to the Nephilim - the Raphaim, the dead, ARE the Nephilim... Those that have died of the bloodlines tainted by the angelic rebellion. These are the genesis of demons, and are to be distinct from dead humans. It is THEY who will not rise.

Because this guy failed to make that distinction, his treatise is necessarily flawed.

Likewise his treatment of the heavenly body - Again the thought is flawed, again in the kinda normal Protestant/Christian way... Yes, it DOES say there will be no giving in marriage - But the emphasis is on marriage itself, not reproduction. It does not mean the angels can't have sex, nor that we will not be capable of sex.

It means that marriage, which is the primary image of Yeshua and his bride the Church, will have been completed in it's function. Marriage becomes impossible beyond the realm of death, because it is no more a finite time - The timing is infinite. There is no 'death do us part', because there is no death. Thus there can be no soluble marriage contract.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Alright @corbe ... Get us started. What are you looking for?

One thing this guy has messed up:

'They are dead, they will not rise - They are shades, they will not live' refers to the Nephilim - the Raphaim, the dead, ARE the Nephilim... Those that have died of the bloodlines tainted by the angelic rebellion. These are the genesis of demons, and are to be distinct from dead humans. It is THEY who will not rise.

Because this guy failed to make that distinction, his treatise is necessarily flawed.

Likewise his treatment of the heavenly body - Again the thought is flawed, again in the kinda normal Protestant/Christian way... Yes, it DOES say there will be no giving in marriage - But the emphasis is on marriage itself, not reproduction. It does not mean the angels can't have sex, nor that we will not be capable of sex.

It means that marriage, which is the primary image of Yeshua and his bride the Church, will have been completed in it's function. Marriage becomes impossible beyond the realm of death, because it is no more a finite time - The timing is infinite. There is no 'death do us part', because there is no death. Thus there can be no soluble marriage contract.

IMHO this guy is WAY off base in many ways, but I have neither the time, inclination, nor typing skills to straighten him out so I'll leave that to others.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

@roamer_1

Though I lean toward agnostic in my daily approach to Life, I am always open to new ideas that may shed some light on the Truth, I find Dr. Tabor's lectures very interesting.   With that being said, I just can't seem to argue either way without seeming to be a hypocrite.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

Though I lean toward agnostic in my daily approach to Life, I am always open to new ideas that may shed some light on the Truth, I find Dr. Tabor's lectures very interesting.   With that being said, I just can't seem to argue either way without seeming to be a hypocrite.

@corbe

I ain't much for Sunday-go-to-meeting either... But don't think for a minute that I don't believe - If you are looking for truth, crack open that Book. If He calls you to it, it is the study of a lifetime.

Though the hypocrite idea is unlikely among thoughtful men... You have to start somewhere. If being a hypocrite is your worry, you'll never start at all. And having not started, there can be no change. :beer:

And don't get me wrong about this feller - My comments against him are standard fare, far and wide among Christian preachers. They ALL get it wrong, because they are all taught such and such by rote at the Semetaries.

No doubt he can give you the milk of it... But when you are ready for the meat of it, that won't be found in the generic study offered by the chunked-and-formed.

And if it is helping you, have at it.  :beer: :seeya: