Author Topic: Lee Zeldin, NY GOP gov. candidate, says two people shot outside his Long Island home with daughters  (Read 407 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
October 9, 2022 5:49pm EDT
Lee Zeldin, NY GOP gov. candidate, says two people shot outside his Long Island home with daughters present
Zeldin said that his two daughters were home at the time of the shooting

By Adam Sabes | Fox News

Rep. Lee Zeldin, R-N.Y., the New York GOP gubernatorial nominee, says that two people were shot outside his Long Island home on Sunday.

Suffolk County Police tell Fox News that the shooting happened around 2:20 p.m. on Sunday in Shirley on Long Island. Zeldin said in a statement that his two 16-year-old daughters were inside the home when the shooting happened. At the time, the gubernatorial candidate had just departed the Bronx Columbus Day Parade in Morris Park.

"My 16-year-old daughters, Mikayla and Arianna, were at our house doing homework, while my wife, Diana, and I were in the car, having just departed the Bronx Columbus Day Parade in Morris Park," Zeldin said.

Zeldin added that his daughters locked themselves in a bathroom when they heard the gunshots and called 911.

"After my daughters heard the gunshots and the screaming, they ran upstairs, locked themselves in the bathroom and immediately called 911. They acted very swiftly and smartly every step of the way and Diana and I are extremely proud of them," he said.

The two people injured in the shooting, according to Zeldin, were "laying down under my front porch and the bushes in front of our porch."

"My understanding is that they have been transported to area hospitals. I do not know their identities," Zeldin said. "Law enforcement is currently at our house. My entire family is at home working with the investigators and providing the security footage from our home cameras."

Zeldin said that his daughters are "shaken, but ok."

"Like so many New Yorkers, crime has literally made its way to our front door. My family is grateful to all who have reached out and we will provide another update when we can," Zeldin said.

The Suffolk County Police Department also said that the incident is "unrelated to the residents of the house."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lee-zeldin-ny-gop-gov-candidate-two-people-shot-outside-long-island-home-daughters-present

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@mystery-ak

Lee Zeldin, NY GOP gov. candidate, says two people shot outside his Long Island home with daughters present

Maybe he should consider buying presents for his daughters that don't shoot?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Zeldin, the Republican candidate for New York governor, said one of the people who was injured was found under the family's front porch, while the other person was found in the bushes in front of the porch.

He said one of the bullets landed 30 feet away from where his daughters were doing homework at a kitchen table inside the house.

More:  https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/us-rep-lee-zeldin-says-daughters-shaken-shooting-home-rcna51419

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"Save our state" was the chant as NY Gubernatorial candidate @RepLeeZeldin was mobbed today at the Long Island Fall Fair in Huntington" (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/mirandadevine/status/1578890161609318400

Offline mountaineer

Teens shot outside Rep. Lee Zeldin’s Long Island home ID’d
By Tina Moore and Yaron Steinbuch   
October 10, 2022 8:20am
The two teens shot near the Long Island home of GOP gubernatorial candidate Lee Zeldin had been at a recording studio on a reservation in Suffolk County that is known for gang activity, a law enforcement official told The Post.

Joel Murphy and Elijah Robinson, both 17-year-olds from Mastic, suffered gunshot wounds to the chest in the shooting in Shirley, police said Monday. Murphy also suffered a lacerated liver and Robinson sustained an arm wound, cops said.

A high-ranking law enforcement source told The Post the teen victims are “known to the department.”

Investigators are looking into whether a Saturday night feud at a Suffolk County recording studio may be connected to Sunday’s shooting, the source said.  ...

Sources said that while the shooting took place two doors down from Zeldin’s home — and a bullet hit the congressman’s fence — it had “nothing to do with’’ the candidate, who is running on a tough-on-crime platform.

One of the two 17-year-old victims jumped over the congressman’s fence trying to avoid getting shot as the bullets flew, knocking over a “Zeldin for Governor” sign in the process, according to sources ...
NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org