Author Topic: America Embarrassed: You Know It's Bad When the French Call You Out  (Read 215 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
America Embarrassed: You Know It's Bad When the French Call You Out
By Bob Hoge | 1:00 PM on October 09, 2022

We all love a baguette, some fromage, a sip of Cabernet Sauvignon crafted from the grapes of Bordeaux; possibly even an incomprehensible black and white, smoke-filled French cinéma such as Breathless from Jean-Luc Goddard. What we don’t expect from le Français is to be criticized for our military prowess. The famed Maginot Line fell to the Nazis in World War II like a game of Jenga, leading to classic jests like:

French Joke

Q: What do you call 100,000 Frenchmen with their hands up?
    A. The French Army.

There are some who even label them as “cheese-eating surrender monkeys,” but I am better than that; I won’t go there.

I kid. I love the French.

It’s a bit disconcerting, though, when the current French president, Emmanuel Macron, calls out the United States for its impudent language on the dangers of nuclear war currently facing the world. And yet, chiding the U.S. is exactly what Macron did Friday at a European Union summit in Prague. He publicly dressed down President Joe Biden, who in yet another in a long-running series of intemperate utterings, claimed the world was closer to destruction than at any point since the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962. Putin was:

“…not joking when he talks about the use of tactical nuclear weapons or biological or chemical weapons,” our Commander in Chief intoned. “We have not faced the prospect of Armageddon since Kennedy and the Cuban Missile Crisis.”

I don’t know if Biden is a poker player, but he violated the basic rule here: keep your cards close to your chest.  When questioned about his pronouncements, Joe simply ran away:

https://twitter.com/LieAbleSources/status/1578429062540066816

more
https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2022/10/09/america-embarassed-you-know-its-bad-when-the-french-call-you-out-n639979
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34