Author Topic: A Few Graphs Say It All for Weather-Dependent “Renewables”  (Read 249 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A Few Graphs Say It All for Weather-Dependent “Renewables”
« on: October 06, 2022, 01:46:22 pm »

A Few Graphs Say It All for Weather-Dependent “Renewables”
1 day ago Guest Blogger 92 Comments
From edmhdotme

Ed Hoskins

A few graphs say it all for Wind and Solar power

This is the 10-year productivity record for European Weather-Dependent “Renewables”:  that is the annual power output divided by the nominal installation rating of the Weather-Dependent “Renewables” installations over the last decade.  The data is provided by EurObservER a “Weather-Dependent “Renewables” promoting organisation supported by the EU.

The productivity of Weather-Dependent “Renewables” is limited as they only gather intermittent and dilute sources of energy, Wind and Solar.  As they are not capable of producing the major excess power needed by civilisation they are parasitic on all other power generation technologies.

Conventional power generation, Gas-firing, Coal or Nuclear technologies:

produce much more energy for use by civilisation than the energy they require to build and run.  They have a high Energy Return on Energy Invested.<

run 24/7

can be turned on when needed to match demand

use small land areas

can be located close to centres of demand

their installations use limited materials

they can have substantial energy storage on site at low cost

are shown to be substantially cheaper for the power they produce, even at current elevated European Gas prices.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/10/05/a-few-graphs-say-it-all-for-weather-dependent-renewables-2/
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 01:48:50 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: A Few Graphs Say It All for Weather-Dependent “Renewables”
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 10:07:06 pm »