Author Topic: Man Buys $115,000 Hummer Electric Truck - It Immediately Left Him Stranded in Middle of Road  (Read 401 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Western Journal  By Chris Knight  October 5, 2022

Watch: Man Buys $115,000 Hummer Electric Truck - It Immediately Left Him Stranded in Middle of Road

It must be one of the more dramatic failures of an electric vehicle chronicled thus far. And it could have ended up much worse.

In a video posted on YouTube on Tuesday, Roman Mica, publisher of the website The Fast Lane Truck, recounted how his website had purchased a brand new General Motors Hummer EV. Price: $115,000.

After only a few days, and with fewer than 250 miles on the vehicle, the Hummer had problems in spectacular fashion. Alone on a busy highway, Mica found himself stranded. In true journalistic fashion, he pulled out his camera and documented what had gone wrong.

The Hummer ceased to budge.

The shifter wouldn’t move. The trunk refused to open.

The only things working during the ordeal were the windshield wipers and the hazard lights.

As if to underscore the absurdity of the situation, Mica recorded himself switching between two dash-mounted LCD panels, flicking through screens, trying to reboot the Hummer out of “safe” mode, to no avail.

More: https://www.westernjournal.com/watch-man-buys-115000-hummer-electric-truck-immediately-left-stranded-middle-road/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIXfp7pVFV4

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
@Elderberry

I am constantly seeing Teslas in my town…we even have a Tesla dealership now.

While I’m interested in taking one for a “test drive”, I don’t know how practical they are. Unless you live in a house where you can put up your own charging station, how do you charge your car if you live in a place without a charger? How do you charge it if you’re on a road trip?

How do you charge it if your power goes off due to an act of Mother Nature?

I just hope I can see the George Jetson flying car in my lifetime 
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Electric vehicles have a place, but not as your only vehicle. 30 yrs ago I built an offroad electric gokart for my son. I  began building an offroad hill climbing electric minibike, but that project got put aside for too long now. My problem is I get more pleasure from research and design than I do from construction. So I have a bad history of not completing projects.

I can't see ever having an electric vehicle as your primary vehicle.

Offline roamer_1

My problem is I get more pleasure from research and design than I do from construction. So I have a bad history of not completing projects.

A punkin chunkin rail gun... Just a thought...  :whistle:

:laugh: :beer:

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
A punkin chunkin rail gun... Just a thought...  :whistle:

:laugh: :beer:

I looked into the electronics involved in building a rail gun. I'm afraid  a punkin wouldn't survive the acceleration.

I helped my son build a trebuchet for physics class. His launched, for a long way, the cannon balls I use in my cannon.

Offline aligncare

Electric vehicles have a place, but not as your only vehicle. 30 yrs ago I built an offroad electric gokart for my son. I  began building an offroad hill climbing electric minibike, but that project got put aside for too long now. My problem is I get more pleasure from research and design than I do from construction. So I have a bad history of not completing projects.

I can't see ever having an electric vehicle as your primary vehicle.

You make the salient point of the 21st century’s rush to scrap the old reliable in favor of the newest shiny computerized gizmo crap.

Electric is fine for carts and scooters, especially in cities. But, putting your life on the line with it? It’s lunacy on a grand scale. And the authoritarian greenies in government won’t even make it an optional to own. No, just ban gas powered. Idiots.