Author Topic: Yuma mayor on record number of migrants crossing border  (Read 248 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Yuma mayor on record number of migrants crossing border
« on: October 06, 2022, 10:57:34 am »
Yuma mayor on record number of migrants crossing border
Sean Noone - Yesterday 2:28 PM

YUMA, Ariz. (NewsNation) - The mayor of Yuma, Arizona, said the record number of migrants crossing the southern border is beginning to strain the city's medical industry.

Republican Mayor Doug Nicholls said that while a local nonprofit is helping thousands of migrants gain access to resources once they arrive, the city is facing a hefty price for their medical care.

"We have $20 million of unreimbursed expenses dealing directly with the healthcare for migrants as they're coming through - and that in just in the last six months," said Nicholls. "Those costs are passed on to the people who live here year-round."

Inflation top of mind for nearly all voters, poll shows
Nicholls agrees with Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey's decision to place shipping containers at the southern border as a means of "funneling" migrants to specific checkpoints, but said he would rather see policy at a federal level.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/yuma-mayor-on-record-number-of-migrants-crossing-border/ar-AA12DPiq?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=1aecddd27801464bae17691cd000fd44
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 10:58:55 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Yuma mayor on record number of migrants crossing border
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 11:00:37 am »
Providing medical care for terrorists and thugs from around the world is the least this country can do. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson