Author Topic: 'Rust' Movie Productions Reaches Settlement With Halyna Hutchins Estate; Filming of Western To Resum  (Read 711 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'Rust' Movie Productions Reaches Settlement With Halyna Hutchins Estate; Filming of Western To Resume In January

‘Rust’ Movie Productions Reaches Settlement With Halyna Hutchins Estate; Filming To Resume In January, Matthew Hutchins To Executive Produce

By Anthony D'Alessandro   

UPDATED WITH STATEMENT FROM ALEC BALDWIN: Rust Productions and its star and producer Alec Baldwin have reached a settlement with the estate of slain cinematographer Halyna Hutchins. As part of the peace, the DP’s husband Matthew Hutchins will executive produce Rust, which will return to production in January 2023 with the original cast.

The Hutchins family had filed a wrongful death lawsuit back on Feb. 15 over the shooting of the DP which occurred on Oct. 21, 2021 when Baldwin discharged a prop gun after being informed by the production AD David Halls that the weapon was “cold.”

“We have reached a settlement, subject to court approval, for our wrongful death case against the producers of Rust, including Alec Baldwin and Rust Movie Productions, LLC. As part of that settlement, our case will be dismissed,” said Matthew Hutchins this morning.

“The filming of Rust, which I will now executive produce, will resume with all the original principal players on board in January 2023,” added Hutchins.

“I have no interest in engaging in recriminations or attribution of blame (to the producers or Mr. Baldwin),” he added, “All of us believe Halyna’s death was a terrible accident. I am grateful that the producers and the entertainment community have come together to pay tribute to Halyna’s final work.”   

more
https://deadline.com/2022/10/alec-baldwin-rust-halyna-hutchins-settlement-1235135693/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

'Rust' Movie Productions Reaches Settlement With Halyna Hutchins Estate; Filming of Western To Resume In January

‘Rust’ Movie Productions Reaches Settlement With Halyna Hutchins Estate; Filming To Resume In January, Matthew Hutchins To Executive Produce

By Anthony D'Alessandro   

UPDATED WITH STATEMENT FROM ALEC BALDWIN: Rust Productions and its star and producer Alec Baldwin have reached a settlement with the estate of slain cinematographer Halyna Hutchins. As part of the peace, the DP’s husband Matthew Hutchins will executive produce Rust, which will return to production in January 2023 with the original cast.

The Hutchins family had filed a wrongful death lawsuit back on Feb. 15 over the shooting of the DP which occurred on Oct. 21, 2021 when Baldwin discharged a prop gun after being informed by the production AD David Halls that the weapon was “cold.”

“We have reached a settlement, subject to court approval, for our wrongful death case against the producers of Rust, including Alec Baldwin and Rust Movie Productions, LLC. As part of that settlement, our case will be dismissed,” said Matthew Hutchins this morning.

“The filming of Rust, which I will now executive produce, will resume with all the original principal players on board in January 2023,” added Hutchins.

“I have no interest in engaging in recriminations or attribution of blame (to the producers or Mr. Baldwin),” he added, “All of us believe Halyna’s death was a terrible accident. I am grateful that the producers and the entertainment community have come together to pay tribute to Halyna’s final work.”   

more
https://deadline.com/2022/10/alec-baldwin-rust-halyna-hutchins-settlement-1235135693/
So he loses his wife to a stupid accident....files a civil suit....and settles to be the executive producer of the movie.  Hmmmm....weird.  Plus....on with the show!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 03:42:28 pm by mrpotatohead »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
So he loses his wife to a stupid accident....files a civil suit....and settles to be the executive producer of the movie.  Hmmmm....weird.  Plus....on with the show!

Yep.  "The show must go on"  Mr. Baldwin is ready for his close-up.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Echoes of Joe Manchin, the movie will never be made and even if they do make it, it will be catastrophic. He is now 'executive producer' of an underfunded, low moral, nightmare, which nobody wants to watch. This is like promoting the janitor to 'Facilities Maintenance Executive' instead of given him a raise. And the 'dolt' fell for it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline verga

So I am guessing that the fix is in for Alec to get no jail time, pay a small fine and possibly get some probation.
Do I pretty much have it all?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Idiot

So I am guessing that the fix is in for Alec to get no jail time, pay a small fine and possibly get some probation.
Yup...

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

In terms of 'criminal' prosecution the fix was always in, from the first second. However, assuming at least some of the civil lawsuits can get a change of venue out of Alec's California, it will not be so easy for him.

Nobody in California will ever convict Alec Baldwin of anything. Even if he pointed a weapon at a person he was arguing with, pulled the trigger and shot her dead on camera in front of dozens of witnesses. And then tried to cover the whole thing up.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@mrpotatohead

And here I was thinking it was Balwin that has no morals.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline verga

@mrpotatohead

And here I was thinking it was Balwin that has no morals.
Why does it have to be one or the other, it could be both.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Why does it have to be one or the other, it could be both.

@verga

I see it as a contest to see who can sink the lowest,and right now Baldwin seems to be in second place.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!