Author Topic: Hochul: ‘I’m Not Sure’ Where ‘People Leaving New York’ Will Go, It’s ‘the Safest Big City in America  (Read 1413 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hochul: ‘I’m Not Sure’ Where ‘People Leaving New York’ Will Go, It’s ‘the Safest Big City in America’

Ian Hanchett 5 Oct 2022

During a portion of an interview aired on Tuesday’s edition of Bloomberg’s “Balance of Power,” New York Gov. Kathy Hochul (D) stated that while “the horrific crimes that we’re seeing” keep her up at night and are “frightening” people, “New York City is still the safest big city in America. Look at Chicago, look at San Francisco, look at Los Angeles, Atlanta, and Washington. People leaving New York, I’m not sure where they’re going to go because we are the safest big city in America.”

Hochul said, “First of all, public safety is my number one priority. This is what keeps me up at night, the horrific crimes that we’re seeing. It’s frightening for people. But I also have to step back and talk about some of the targeted changes we’ve already made to the bail changes. Obviously, this was signed into law by my predecessor. The legislature went forth with the changes that they thought were important to make sure that there was public safety and justice in our court system, but we had to bring it back to make sure that judges consider other factors in deciding whether or not someone should be held on bail. They need to know whether or not there’s an order of protection, any commission of a gun violence crime. So, we gave the judges more than they had before. We also said that repeat offenders, people that are stealing off the shelves every day and selling the materials on eBay, they can’t keep getting away with that, the property crimes, in addition to the violent crimes. So, we did make changes to the bail laws.”

She continued, “But you have to look at the fact that this has been a nationwide phenomenon. Since the pandemic, crime has gone up everywhere, not just one state that happened to have some changes in their bail laws. So, we have to look at this in an honest way and say, well, New York City is still the safest big city in America. Look at Chicago, look at San Francisco, look at Los Angeles, Atlanta, and Washington. People leaving New York, I’m not sure where they’re going to go because we are the safest big city in America. We have reduced our shooting rate down 10% statewide, 13% in the city, and it’s only gone down 2% across the nation. But I only say those statistics in terms of context. That doesn’t mean that I’m not laser-focused on continuing to work in partnership with local law enforcement, not just in the city of New York, but also in Syracuse and in Rochester and Albany, where I’ve convened people to talk about how the state can, number one, fund law enforcement more aggressively, make sure they have all of the resources they need, fund other programs, make changes to the laws we talk about, make sure that we look at issues like Kendra’s Law and others where people may be falling through the cracks. We have a responsibility to protect our citizens. Between getting crime under control, working with the local law enforcement, and then building the affordable housing, there will be no stopping the explosive potential for the state of New York in this post-pandemic era.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/10/05/hochul-im-not-sure-where-people-leaving-new-york-will-go-its-the-safest-big-city-in-america/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online cato potatoe

Well, let's see.  Are they required to live in a large city?  When people left NYC in the 70s and 80s, did they head to biggest metropolitan area they could find?  Or maybe a well-ordered suburb.
What a dingbat.

Online rustynail

What a creepy little woman with her thirty years ago face.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Keep telling yourself that Kathy.

Meanwhile, people will keep leaving for safer places.
The Republic is lost.

Offline aligncare

Well, let's see.  Are they required to live in a large city?  When people left NYC in the 70s and 80s, did they head to biggest metropolitan area they could find?  Or maybe a well-ordered suburb.
What a dingbat.

In the interest of accuracy, it’s: “What a corrupt dingbat”.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Would this have anything to do with deranged homeless people randonly attacking and killing subway riders?

New York City in regressing to the 1960s and 1970s crime and unliveability.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Last Sat in I met a retired (Not going to mention the Dept he worked in) who move here to L.A. I was joking around with him about not New Yorking our Florida!  He said not to worry he lived north of Albany with the "Normal" people.  The subject switched to Hochul. He said he has had occasions to speak with her. He asked me if I had ever met someone for the 1st time and came away with the impression, from just one conversation, that they were one stupid human being....that would be The Gov!

I think he will like it here!

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

:mauslaff:

Property values on Long Island continue to increase.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Ms. Hochul will not only win in November... but win by double digits, to boot.

Remember, for each [former] New Yorker who leaves in disgust, that means the remaining state "grows bluer" by one person.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
In the interest of accuracy, it’s: “What a corrupt dingbat”.
This woman has to be Pelosi's daughter. Some how, some way, they must be related. They are both ignorant totalitarian Satanic Witches. And both are ugly enough to break a mirror. You have to wonder how some of these politicians sleep at night. Must be nice to have no sense of a conscious at all?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
If Hochul really believes what she is saying and New York is really that safe she should put her money where her mouth is and get rid of her personal bodyguards.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

NYC certainly isn't safe for Orthodox Jews or people of Asian descent.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

Many Jewish neighborhoods in New York have their own security teams. They have history to follow as their teacher. No one will watch over you better than your own people.

Offline mountaineer

Offline mountaineer

Two people shot outside NY gov hopeful Rep. Lee Zeldin’s Long Island home while twin daughters inside
By Carl Campanile, Tina Moore and Jorge Fitz-Gibbon   
October 9, 2022 4:04pm
NY Post
Two people were shot outside the Long Island home of GOP gubernatorial candidate Lee Zeldin on Sunday while his teenage twin daughters were at home, he confirmed to The Post.

“My daughters Mikaya and Ariana were doing homework on the first floor,” said Zeldin, who was not home at the time. “They heard the shots. Boom! They went upstairs and locked themselves in the bathroom.

“They’re freaked out,” he said.

The Suffolk County pol, who is running on a tough-on-crime platform, said the two people who were shot were taken to Long Island Community Hospital. ...
Yeah, Gov. Hochul, I can't imagine how anyone might get the idea that NY has a crime problem.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@mystery-ak

Has this loon lived anywhere else as an adult?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@mountaineer

From the RUMORS I have heard,those two groups may be the safest groups living right in the city because they control their neighborhoods. Especially the Jews,who have a VERY  low violent crime rate to start with. I have heard tales for years about Jewish diamond brokers walking the streets with millions in diamonds in their briefcases. Sure,they no doubt how armed security following them around in plain clothes,but how many other neighborhoods in NYC could you get away with this?

As for the Asian neighborhoods,their crime is all strictly Asian on Asian. Anybody that isn't an Asian starts robbing or raping in one of those neighborhoods won't live very long.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online cato potatoe

The race is down to 5 points.  DeSantis needs to call a special session to ban her from from moving to Florida if she loses.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
cato wrote:
"The race is down to 5 points.  DeSantis needs to call a special session to ban her from from moving to Florida if she loses."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2022/governor/ny/new_york_governor_zeldin_vs_hochul-7749.html

She's too close to 50%.
It would be great to see her get beaten, but I don't think that's gonna happen.
It's New York state, after all.