Author Topic: Media Lying About Climate And Hurricanes/ It's time to state the obvious.  (Read 198 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Media Lying About Climate And Hurricanes
It's time to state the obvious.

Michael Shellenberger
2 hr ago

Over the last several weeks, many mainstream news media outlets have claimed that hurricanes are becoming more expensive, more frequent, and more intense because of climate change.

The Financial Times reported that “hurricane frequency is on the rise.”

The New York Times claimed, “strong storms are becoming more common in the Atlantic Ocean.”

The Washington Post said, “climate change is rapidly fueling super hurricanes.”

ABC News declared, “Here’s how climate change intensifies hurricanes.”

Both the FT and N.Y. Times showed graphs purporting to show rising hurricane frequency using data from the U.S. government’s National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

All of those claims are false.

https://michaelshellenberger.substack.com/p/media-lying-about-climate-and-hurricanes?utm_source=post-email-title&publication_id=279400&post_id=76268021&isFreemail=true&utm_medium=email
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 05:41:26 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Anytime there is a catastrophic weather event, the TV town criers wail how Global Climate Change is to blame without presenting any evidence.  They only offer conjecture and anecdotes.

Was Noah's Flood caused by Global Climate Change?

The Climate changes.  The issue is how much man's activities effect it.  It is hubris to believe that humanity can regulate the Earth's climate like a thermostat or a light switch.

There are forces beyond man's control and understanding at work.

Maybe humanity has created a Global Climate Change deity instead of humbling themselves to accept there are greater forces at work.

The goal should be reduction of man-made pollution and climate resilience ... not undoing the progress of Western Civilization since 1492.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright