Author Topic: The Only Thing Real About Fake Meat Are The Lousy Sales  (Read 228 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Only Thing Real About Fake Meat Are The Lousy Sales
« on: October 04, 2022, 05:36:41 pm »
WRITTEN BY JAMES BOWERS ON OCT 3, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

The Only Thing Real About Fake Meat Are The Lousy Sales

beyond meat burgerWhen it went public three years ago, Beyond Meat was heralded as the next big thing, a company that would make real meat become history.

But the last few months have seen the company put through a tenderizer.

Beyond Meat’s stock price hit record lows, it had to lay off staff, McDonald’s decided to discontinue the vegan McPlant burger, and rumors of bankruptcy have become commonplace. [bold, links added]

And, of course, there was that alleged nose-biting incident with the company’s since-suspended chief operating officer.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/the-only-thing-real-about-fake-meat-are-the-lousy-sales/

The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: The Only Thing Real About Fake Meat Are The Lousy Sales
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2022, 06:18:04 pm »
They've never provided data that proves that processed industrial pea slurry has a smaller carbon/methane footprint than a Texas steer.

It's a scam.  If it's made from plants, it has to better, right? Not really.

Coal is came from plants.
Petroleum came from plants.
Cocaine is made from plants.
Heroin is made from plants.
Hemlock poison is made from plants.
Serin gas is made from plants.

Plants are no more pure and innocent than anything else on Earth.

I refuse to worship upon the altar of the Church of Latter Day Plants.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright