Author Topic: Your Movie Didn’t Bomb Because You’re Gay, It’s Because You’re a Jerk.. Derek Hunter  (Read 500 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Your Movie Didn’t Bomb Because You’re Gay, It’s Because You’re a Jerk
Derek Hunter

Posted: Oct 04, 2022 12:01 AM

“You’re a homophobe, now buy my product” is not the best sales pitch in the world, but when you’ve got nothing else you go with it because when you’re as dumb as a hammer, everything is a nail. That’s a confusing and convoluted opening sentence, but I wrote it on purpose to illustrate a point – leftists hate you AND desperately want your money and can’t come to terms with that. Return the first and deny the second, leaving them to continue to wrestle with the third.

Americans are pretty good at not giving money to people who hold them in contempt, though we’re less good at denying our money to people who look at us like we’re helpless dummies incapable of taking care of ourselves. In fairness to us, we’d pretty much have to listen to zero music or watch nothing on television but old Gunsmoke reruns if we did.

Of course, I do wish people would recognize not only that someone like Bruce Springsteen thinks you’re too stupid to know what’s in your own self-interest, but also that his music really sucks.

Still, there are times when the public does see that the “artists” attempting to sell them their products hold them in absolute contempt and shun their product. The movie “Bros” is one such case.

Billed as “the first gay rom-com,” the marketing of Bros expected that to be enough to draw an audience. It didn’t work out. It bombed, bringing in a laughable $4.8 million its opening weekend. That it bombed was the funniest thing about the movie, as far as I’m concerned.

Of course, I, like the vast majority of the public, didn’t bother to see it. Not because I’m homophobic (I really couldn’t care less who anyone sleeps with as long as they’re of age and willing), but because it looks stupid. When they market it as “important” because of the subject matter I’ve lost all interest, generally speaking.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2022/10/04/your-movie-didnt-bomb-because-youre-gay-its-because-youre-a-jerk-n2613912
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Should have released it during Summer in Provincetown, MA, and Fire Island, NY.

I eagerly await the first lipstick lesbian rom-com.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Maybe we just don't want to watch that crap. Ya think?

I have stopped watching countless series on Netflix and other platforms because of the gratuitous faggotry present. Done right there, i switch to something else.

If I wanted people of the same  sex sucking face in my living room, I'd invite a mess of people so inclined over. I don't.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
He says that anyone who is straight and does not worship at the alter of the "homosexuality" gods is a weirdo.
So, gays are normal and anyone not gay is a weirdo. But for all those "weirdos" gay people would never be born.
Nobody has ever accused a Leftist of intelligence or logic.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
People all over the world in overseas countries with American television think that America is 50% Black people and 50% gay people. And every White person is married to a Black spouse.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

People all over the world in overseas countries with American television think that America is 50% Black people and 50% gay people. And every White person is married to a Black spouse.
Not to mention the concept that white men would not be able to pour water out of a boot without the kind instruction of everyone else...commercials are the worst.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The market for faggotry movies is highly exaggerated.  But then Hollywood thinks everyone is gay.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

The market for faggotry movies is highly exaggerated.  But then Hollywood thinks everyone is gay.
A lot of a person's perceptions depends on the folks they associate with.

Hollywood runs with a different crew tan most of us. There, as in D.C. and other major cities, homosexuals are a larger segment of the population than out in the hinterlands. That's where the "10%" thing came from--New York, San Francisco, Washington DC...
That perceptual distortion may account for some obvious marketing disasters catering especially to GLBTQxyz folks at the expense of alienating a much larger straight market segment.
Out here in flyover country the demographic is quite a bit smaller as a rule.

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

Maybe it bombed because the appeal of this movie would only attract a relatively small segment of the population.  :shrug:

Offline goatprairie

The conceit of liberals and the people who create all the mostly awful woke p.c. "entertainment" foisted on the American public is that everybody is now onboard with homosexuality as being the same as heterosexuality.
They couldn't be more wrong. I seriously doubt too many male heterosexuals like to watch two males kiss or engage in fake sex on their tv screens and at the movies.
It's still pretty repulsive to me to watch two men kiss. So I avoid shows that depict stuff like that.
Call me a homophobe, I simply don't care.
The current effort to make everybody not just tolerate but like homosexual acts reminds me of the old Bob Hope joke:
 "I’ve just flown in from California, where they’ve made homosexuality legal. I thought I’d get out before they make it compulsory.”