Author Topic: Army penalizing soldiers seeking religious accommodation to vax mandate: 'Technique of coercion'  (Read 152 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army penalizing soldiers seeking religious accommodation to vax mandate: 'Technique of coercion'

Service members are calling it a 'technique of coercion' to force voluntary retirements
By Kelly Laco | Fox News

The U.S. Army is subjecting unvaccinated soldiers to punishments, including prohibiting off-base travel, halting promotions, and enforcing involuntary terminations from the service, which active-duty service members claim is a strategy to pressure them to abandon their deeply held religious beliefs.

An Army spokesperson confirmed to Fox News Digital that unvaccinated soldiers, including those without an approved religious accommodation exemption, are "subject to certain adverse administrative actions."

"Soldiers who refuse the order to be vaccinated without an approved or pending exemption request are subject to certain adverse administrative actions, including flags, bars to continued service, and official reprimands (GOMORS)," said the spokesperson.

According to the Army's public coronavirus statistics, 4,664 active-duty soldiers requested a religious exemption to the vaccine, but only 44 were granted. The Army has enacted 1,722 total separations with unvaccinated soldiers, according to the data. The Army did not detail how many separations were due to having been denied a religious exemption.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/army-penalizing-soldiers-seeking-religious-accommodation-vaxx-mandate-technique-coercion
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan