Author Topic: Pregnant women can now apply for Air Force Officer Training School  (Read 263 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pregnant women can now apply for Air Force Officer Training School
By Rachel S. Cohen
 Oct 3, 04:28 PM

Pregnant people can now apply for a spot in the Air Force’s Officer Training School, a change aimed at admitting more women into the officer corps, the service announced Sept. 30.

Previously, the Air Force and Space Force barred pregnant enlisted airmen, guardians and civilians from starting the commissioning process until 12 months postpartum. Waivers were available for those who wanted to submit their application earlier.

Now, people can apply while carrying a child and head to training six months after their pregnancy ends — no waivers needed.

The directive aims to create a “force more representative of our nation,” the memo said.

“This policy update … unequivocally shatters the glass ceiling that has kept or delayed hundreds of women from competing for a [Department of the Air Force] commission,” said Capt. Frances Castillo, an advocate for revising the guidance. “Highly qualified candidates will no longer need to choose between advancing their careers or growing their family.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2022/10/03/pregnant-women-can-now-apply-for-air-force-officer-training-school/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rustynail

Re: Pregnant women can now apply for Air Force Officer Training School
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2022, 02:48:18 pm »
But not Pregnant Men?

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2022, 02:51:31 pm »
Since liberals now claim men can pregnant, does this apply to them also?  Note the gender neutral language used. Pregnant PEOPLE can now apply.  Not women, but PEOPLE.  They blew the wokeness in the 5th paragraph, admitting it is intended for women only. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2022, 04:22:14 pm »

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2022, 04:46:10 pm »
Free medical care....