Author Topic: Longtime Democrat Senator in Big Trouble: Poll by Martin Walsh  (Read 163 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Longtime Democrat Senator in Big Trouble: Poll by Martin Walsh
« on: October 04, 2022, 02:08:53 pm »

Longtime Democrat Senator in Big Trouble: Poll
Martin Walsh October 4, 2022

Another prominent Democrat is in serious trouble of losing their re-election.

A new Trafalgar Group poll reveals that Washington Democrat Sen. Patty Murray — who has held the seat since 1993 — is losing ground to Republican challenger Tiffany Smiley.

The statewide survey showed that 48.7% of voters would cast a ballot for Murray if the election was held today, while 46.5% would vote for Smiley. The poll had a margin of error of 2.9%, making the race a statistical tie.

A poll conducted by the same group between Aug. 30 and Sept. 1 showed Murray leading Smiley 49.2% to 46.3%, a slightly wider gap, though still within the survey’s 2.9% error margin.

The two polls show the race tightening just before November’s midterms, with support for Murray decreasing and Smiley going up.

The Senate is currently split 50-50, with Vice President Kamala Harris’ power to cast tie-breaking votes giving Democrats the edge. This race could determine which party controls the upper chamber.

“I think Patty Murray’s desperate, and that shows I’m here to serve. Patty Murray wants to scare you,” Smiley said on the John Curley and Shari Elliker Show. “Not on [my] watch will do-nothing, career politician Patty Murray phone it in for another six years. We are heading into recession, and she’s raising taxes. She’s now paying for student loan forgiveness. She failed to address a Fentanyl crisis that’s killing our kids. I think it looks like desperation. That’s why we will win this race.”

“I was 11 years old when [Murray] was first elected in Washington State, and we’ve just seen it decline,” said Smiley. “Just look at [her] voting record. Our pensions are decreasing. We’re losing jobs. We have a homeless crisis, humanitarian crisis, [and] a crime crisis.”

https://twitter.com/SmileyForWA/status/1572292207834693632

more
https://conservativebrief.com/dem-trouble-67048/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34