Author Topic: Herschel Walker responding to attacks he paid a woman to have an abortion  (Read 1984 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Herschel Walker responding to attacks he paid a woman to have an abortion

https://twitter.com/HerschelWalker/status/1577075271470964737
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Pro-Life’ Herschel Walker Paid for Girlfriend’s Abortion

The woman has receipts—and a “get well” card she says the football star, now a Senate candidate, sent her.
Roger Sollenberger

Political Reporter
Updated Oct. 03, 2022 9:48PM ET
Published Oct. 03, 2022 7:00PM ET

Herschel Walker, the football legend now running for Senate in Georgia, says he wants to completely ban abortion, likening it to murder and claiming there should be “no exception” for rape, incest, or the life of the mother.

But the Republican candidate has supported at least one exception—for himself.

A woman who asked not to be identified out of privacy concerns told The Daily Beast that, after she and Walker conceived a child while they were dating in 2009, he urged her to get an abortion. The woman said she had the procedure and that Walker reimbursed her for it.

She supported these claims with a $575 receipt from the abortion clinic, a “get well” card from Walker, and a bank deposit receipt that included an image of a signed $700 personal check from Walker.

The woman said there was a $125 difference because she “ball-parked” the cost of an abortion after Googling the procedure and added on expenses such as travel and recovery costs.

Additionally, The Daily Beast independently corroborated details of the woman’s claims with a close friend she told at the time and who, according to the woman and the friend, took care of her in the days after the procedure.

The woman said Walker, who was not married at the time, told her it would be more convenient to terminate the pregnancy, saying it was “not the right time” for him to have a child. It was a feeling she shared, but what she didn’t know was that Walker had an out-of-wedlock child with another woman earlier that same year.

Asked if Walker ever expressed regret for the decision, the woman said Walker never had. Asked why she came forward, the woman pointed to Walker’s hardline anti-abortion position.

more
https://www.thedailybeast.com/pro-life-herschel-walker-paid-for-girlfriends-abortion-georgia-senate
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

I don't think these two handwriting examples match... :shrug:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 02:04:25 am by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Woman claims to have the cancelled check...but if Walker wrote the check he would have the cancelled check in his bank statement
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Hoodat

Shades of Herman Cain.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Herschel Walker on Abortion Report: ‘A Flat-Out Lie’

Monday, during an appearance on FNC’s “Hannity,” Georgia Republican U.S. Senate nominee Herschel Walker denied the allegations in a Daily Beast report that he had paid for a one-time girlfriend’s abortion.
Jeff Poor 3 Oct 2022, 10:20 PM PDT

Monday, during an appearance on FNC’s “Hannity,” Georgia Republican U.S. Senate nominee Herschel Walker denied the allegations in a Daily Beast report that he had paid for a one-time girlfriend’s abortion.

Walker insisted the report was an effort by his opposition to divert attention away from the “true problems” in the country.

“I have no idea, but it is a flat-out lie,” Walker said. “And now you know how important this seat is. This seat is very important – that they’ll do anything to win this seat, lie, because they want to make it about everything else except what the true problems that we have in this country – inflation, the border wide open, crime. They don’t want to talk about that, so they’re making up lies now because they need this Georgia seat. So, I encourage anyone out there, let’s not let them take this seat. If you can go to teamherschel.com, let’s not let them take this seat because if they take this seat, we won’t recognize this country tomorrow because for them to come out with total lies, that’s not right.”

Walker faces incumbent Sen. Raphael Warnock (D-GA) in the Peach State’s November 8 midterm U.S. Senate election.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/10/03/herschel-walker-on-abortion-report-a-flat-out-lie/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Herschel Walker Battles Twin Scandals: Anonymous Woman Accuses Him of Paying for Abortion While Son Speaks Out

Georgia Republican Senate candidate Herschel Walker is denying allegations that surfaced in the left-wing Daily Beast Monday that he paid for a woman’s abortion in 2009.
Ashley Oliver 3 Oct 2022, 9:10 PM PDT

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/10/03/herschel-walker-battles-twin-scandals-anonymous-woman-accuses-paying-abortion-son-speaks-out/
Support the USO

Offline aligncare

I don’t know if the allegations are true or not. But, is this what we’ve come to?

When you’re young and stupid you do stupid things, and when you’re older, after you’ve reevaluated life and the mistakes you’ve made, as you raise kids, do your job, pay taxes, support your family and community, you’re then forever denied entry into mature society because of your human frailties? People change and grow.

I have an idea. Let’s apply the same level of scrutiny to every member of Congress and every head of an agency and see who else has sinned.

Redemption is not just the title of a movie.

Offline Kamaji

I don’t know if the allegations are true or not. But, is this what we’ve come to?

When you’re young and stupid you do stupid things, and when you’re older, after you’ve reevaluated life and the mistakes you’ve made, as you raise kids, do your job, pay taxes, support your family and community, you’re then forever denied entry into mature society because of your human frailties? People change and grow.

I have an idea. Let’s apply the same level of scrutiny to every member of Congress and every head of an agency and see who else has sinned.

:thumbsup:

Online cato potatoe

Re: Herschel Walker responding to attacks he paid a woman to have an abortion
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2022, 03:35:02 pm »
His son (Christian) is flat-out crazy, and who knows if this story is true.  But it seems unwise to run for national office in the south with undisclosed children. 

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2022, 04:02:05 pm »
Wait. If true, how come this does not make him a great guy in the minds of liberals?  He stepped up and did the right thing by paying to get rid of that toxic matter in the woman's body. Good on him.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2022, 04:13:05 pm »
Wait. If true, how come this does not make him a great guy in the minds of liberals?  He stepped up and did the right thing by paying to get rid of that toxic matter in the woman's body. Good on him.
Major Corporations all over America are bribing women across the country to get an abortion. Disney, in particular, will pay for the abortion, the travel, and allow sufficient time off to recover.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2022, 04:47:17 pm »
 12:40 PM Oct 4, 2022
Herschel Walker lawyer 'considering our options'
Ryan King

Georgia Senate hopeful Herschel Walker's legal team is mulling over its options amid mounting controversy over a recent report alleging he paid for a woman to have an abortion.

Walker has denied the allegation, which came from a Daily Beast report, insisting it was a "flat-out lie." The outlet included a note with his signature that he allegedly sent the woman and cited receipts she had. But Walker has been adamant that the report was a "repugnant hatchet job."

“We are currently considering our options but no final decision has been made on the future handling of this matter," a lawyer for Walker told a CBS reporter.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/live-blog/midterms-2022-polls-election-day-trump-biden-herschel-walker
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2022, 04:48:23 pm »
 11:15 AM Oct 4, 2022
Senate Leadership Fund stands by Walker amid uproar
Ryan King

The Senate Leadership Fund, a political action committee that is striving for a GOP Senate majority, is standing by Georgia Senate hopeful Herschel Walker.

"We are full speed ahead in Georgia. This election is about the future of the country. Herschel Walker will make things better. Raphael Warnock is making it worse. Anything else is a distraction," SLF President Steven Law said.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/live-blog/midterms-2022-polls-election-day-trump-biden-herschel-walker
Support the USO

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2022, 04:57:05 pm »
Bonchie
@bonchieredstate

Walker's opponent has literally been accused of domestic abuse, covering up child abuse, and spending campaign money on child support.

I'm sorry, but if the GOP in GA is jumping ship, GA needs a better GOP. This is politics. Get in the game or go home.

9:14 AM · Oct 4, 2022  ·Twitter Web App

Online berdie

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2022, 07:41:12 pm »

Excellent post!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 07:41:59 pm by berdie »

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2022, 08:01:23 pm »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2022, 09:50:19 pm »

Well if you take a hardline stance against abortion and you’ve encouraged women you’ve impregnated to get them that’s pretty hypocritical imo. I’m not sure I believe this or not but if it’s true it’s troubling.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2022, 11:07:30 pm »
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me

Just want to point out that it doesn't say 'the valley of death' (or darkest valley).  It says 'the valley of the shadow of death'.  The enemy is just a shadow - not death itself.  And the best way to get rid of a shadow is to turn up the Light.

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness

Romans 1:18
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2022, 12:01:36 am »
A little off-topic

Sitting here watching Wheel of Fortune as I type this.
Every political ad for the dem-communists is an attack ad on the Republican candidate stressing how much the Republican would work to ban abortions.

Those of the right (and of this forum) simply cannot comprehend how powerful this issue is to non-conservatives.

The jettisoning of Roe v. Wade was a great goal of the right.
But it came with a price, as well.
We shall find out how high that price is next month.

On-topic:
If these allegations are true (and I believe they are), and if Mr. Walker keeps on tryin' to lie his way out of 'em... he's toast.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2022, 12:13:59 am »
Well if you take a hardline stance against abortion and you’ve encouraged women you’ve impregnated to get them that’s pretty hypocritical imo. I’m not sure I believe this or not but if it’s true it’s troubling.

Abortion is a State Issue now.

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2022, 04:16:01 am »

I don't think these two handwriting examples match... :shrug:

This is the "get well" card?

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2022, 12:44:47 pm »
If you had a relationship with someone, paid for her to have an abortion, and then sent her a get well card afterwards, would you sign your last name to the card?