Author Topic: Gay Rom-Com Bombs At The Box Office, Billy Eichner Blames The Audience  (Read 547 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gay Rom-Com Bombs At The Box Office, Billy Eichner Blames The Audience

Sarah Weaver
Staff Writer
October 03, 2022 9:36 AM ET
Font Size:

Actor and screenwriter Billy Eichner blamed “homophobic weirdo” after his gay rom-com bombed at the box office.

The film “Bros,” which released Sunday, has been touted as “historic” for its all-LGBT cast and its depiction of a homosexual couple in a romantic comedy. Eichner is also the first openly gay man to co-write and star in his own studio film, The Hollywood Reporter reports.

“Even with glowing reviews, great Rotten Tomatoes scores, an A CinemaScore etc, straight people, especially in certain parts of the country, just didn’t show up for Bros,” Eichner wrote on Twitter. “And that’s disappointing but it is what it is.”

https://twitter.com/billyeichner/status/1576685773402755072

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/10/03/gay-rom-com-bombs-box-office-billy-eichner-blames-audience-bros/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: Gay Rom-Com Bombs At The Box Office, Billy Eichner Blames The Audience
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2022, 05:56:52 pm »
Gays are 2-3% of the population, and I doubt that half of them want to see a romantic comedy in the theater, when they might easily rent it at home. 

Now if you want straight men to watch, leave out the politics and make it about two good-looking women. A plot is optional.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2022, 06:10:02 pm »
Gays are 2-3% of the population, and I doubt that half of them want to see a romantic comedy in the theater, when they might easily rent it at home. 

Now if you want straight men to watch, leave out the politics and make it about two good-looking women. A plot is optional.
Lololol....exactly!

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2022, 06:49:26 pm »
“Even with glowing reviews, great Rotten Tomatoes scores, an A CinemaScore etc, .."

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and ask...Would any of these dare to write the truth about the film in this current atmosphere of cancel culture? Besides, those giving the reviews are the most likely to promote the homo agenda anyway.   :smokin:

Trying to shame me into supporting something I'm not interested in by calling me a "homophobic weirdo"? Dude sounds seriously butthurt about it.

Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2022, 07:28:46 pm »

“Even with glowing reviews, great Rotten Tomatoes scores, an A CinemaScore etc, .."
Seth MacFarland created a show called 'The Orville'. The first two seasons were a legitimate attempt at a Science Fiction space show. In Season 3, the series veered wildly off-track into queer/trans gender/gay marriage/gender reassignment stuff. Had nothing to do with SciFi anymore. It was all about gay and transgender issues.

Even though most of the episodes were nothing more than an After School Special on so called 'gay rights', Rotten Tomatoes reviews still put it as one of the best science fiction series ever written in the history of the world. Rotten Tomatoes reviews are not to be trusted. They are all just PC nonsense.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 07:29:38 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2022, 08:03:12 pm »
Seth MacFarland created a show called 'The Orville'. The first two seasons were a legitimate attempt at a Science Fiction space show. In Season 3, the series veered wildly off-track into queer/trans gender/gay marriage/gender reassignment stuff. Had nothing to do with SciFi anymore. It was all about gay and transgender issues.

Even though most of the episodes were nothing more than an After School Special on so called 'gay rights', Rotten Tomatoes reviews still put it as one of the best science fiction series ever written in the history of the world. Rotten Tomatoes reviews are not to be trusted. They are all just PC nonsense.
When you mention Rotten Tomatoes, I recall two cases in particular.

The first was A Little Late with Lilly Singh, a way-in-the-middle-of-the-night talk show NBC aired for a couple of years. This show was cringe-inducingly bad. But the professional critics raved on and on about it, mainly because its host was a bisexual South Asian-Canadian. 100% critic's score, 25% audience score.

The other was the beloved A Charlie Brown Christmas. For years, its critic's score was 96%, one of the most acclaimed TV specials ever—the lone negative review being a 2/5 star review from a Jewish TV/movie critic in LA (but really, that show isn't for his audience anyway). But then two years ago, Rotten Tomatoes decided to throw in a review from a podcast called "N(word white folks can't say or type)s Spoiling Movies" that was solely designed as a hatchet job on the special—AND, they counted both hosts' hatchet work as separate reviews, driving down the score to 83%.

Like any media organization, Rotten Tomatoes has increasingly turned to pushing narratives.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024