Author Topic: After Jan. 6 Texts Were Wiped, DOD IG Is Scrutinizing Pentagon Records Management  (Read 308 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
After Jan. 6 Texts Were Wiped, DOD IG Is Scrutinizing Pentagon Records Management

A review begun last August has expanded "based on concerns identified during the audit," acting DOD inspector general tells Congress.
COURTNEY BUBLÉ | SEPTEMBER 30, 2022
CONGRESS PENTAGON CYBER

The Pentagon’s watchdog is reviewing the Defense Department’s records management policies in light of the news that text messages from key officials in the lead-up to the Capitol insurrection were wiped.

Following the news that text messages from President Trump’s top Defense officials before the attack on the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, were missing, Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., Senate majority whip and chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, on Aug. 3 asked the acting Defense Department inspector general to look into what happened. This came after the similar news that messages from top Homeland Security officials and Secret Service agents were also missing.

“In the coming weeks, we will issue a management advisory on the DoD’s use of mobile applications, including instant messaging applications that we believe will be relevant to the concerns you raised in your letter,” wrote Sean O’Donnell, acting Defense IG, in a letter to Durbin on Tuesday that the senator made public Wednesday evening. “This advisory will notify DoD officials responsible for approving the use of mobile applications of concerns we identified during our ongoing audit of Defense Digital Service support of DoD programs and operations.”   

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2022/09/after-jan-6-texts-were-wiped-dod-ig-auditing-pentagons-records-management/377869/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
You don't suppose the "evidence" against Trump was created just for the occasion, do you? *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
They only have a few weeks left to uncover whatever "bombshell" is supposed to distract the public from the ineptitude and corruption of their governance.  So far, they have uncovered nothing.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
My guess is that exculpatory evidence has been deleted to bolster the circumstantial case the Democrats are trying to build against Trump. Of course, destruction of Brady Material is a crime...but that would be nothing new for the Democrats.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EdinVA

My guess is that exculpatory evidence has been deleted to bolster the circumstantial case the Democrats are trying to build against Trump. Of course, destruction of Brady Material is a crime...but that would be nothing new for the Democrats.

:yowsa: