General Category > Editorial/Opinion/Blogs

Time to Outlaw Counting by Race? By Roger Kimball

(1/1)

mystery-ak:
Time to Outlaw Counting by Race?
Reversing the stipulations of many government programs by outlawing their methodology would be a big step in ridding ourselves of such mischievous overreach.
By Roger Kimball
October 1, 2022

Speaking recently in South Korea, Kamala Harris, the vice president of the United States, publicly celebrated America’s “strong alliance” with “the Republic of North Korea.” Apparently Kim Jong-un thought that was as funny as I did, because the chubby dictator responded by firing off some missiles just as Madam Vice President was packing her bags. People don’t like it when Kim starts firing missiles because you never know what sort of payload they may carry or where they might land.

Madam Vice President is made of stern stuff, though. She shrugged off both her exhibition of bone-crushing ignorance and the modern world’s equivalent of minatory saber-rattling. Indeed, back home, she heard that Hurricane Ian had flattened large swaths of Southwest Florida, destroying the homes and businesses of untold thousands. There she was, publicly declaring that the Biden Administration would be doling out aid to victims “based on equity,” directing funds first and foremost to “communities of color.”

You can’t make it up, but then you don’t have to. Bidenland does all the heavy lifting.

Recently, we were told that the government (i.e., the taxpayers) will be footing the bill for billions upon billions of dollars in student loan debt. The following week, after someone figured out how expensive it would all be and the lawyers began salivating over the obvious illegality of the scheme, the administration began quietly walking back the plan to make Peter, who paid off his student loans, also pay for Paul’s.

It’s sometimes hard to keep up to date on all the wonderful things happening in our country, partly because the administration has been aggressively partnering with various media companies to censor news they don’t like, which is more and more of it. Just Friday, it was reported that some 20 conservative media sites—including the New York Post, Just the News, Fox News, the Washington Examiner, the Washington Times, the Epoch Times, and Breitbart—were flagged as peddling “disinformation,” i.e., stories that the administration did not like regarding the 2020 presidential election. Particular individuals, all of them conservative, were also flagged as having disseminated “disinformation.”

more
https://amgreatness.com/2022/10/01/time-to-outlaw-counting-by-race/

Smokin Joe:
If all of those categories that fall under "regardless of" on the form really don't matter, then why even have the damned checkboxes?

How about we all drop the hyphenation and go just back to being "Americans"?

GtHawk:

--- Quote from: Smokin Joe on October 02, 2022, 10:53:38 pm ---If all of those categories that fall under "regardless of" on the form really don't matter, then why even have the damned checkboxes?

How about we all drop the hyphenation and go just back to being "Americans"?

--- End quote ---
And deprive democrats of one of their greatest tools of divisiveness? My father after he and my mother immigrated to America told her that he was an American and nothing else, that this was now home. In later years my mother asked him if he ever wanted to go back home he said he was home. People should never set aside their heritage but all this hyphenated American stuff is just a tool of the democrats to divide and conquer us.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version