Author Topic: Jacinda Ardern calls for a Global Ministry of Truth to stop disinformation “weapon”  (Read 382 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 8888crybabyby Jo Nova

Jacinda Ardern gave a speech to the UN last Friday which has suddenly gone viral in an Ebola kind of way. The new weapon in war she tells us, is misinformation.  Since she is the single source of truth (she told us that in July) that means the disinformers are anyone who disagrees with Jacinda. See how easy this is? It’s just another Ministry of Truth plan to save the world from climate change and Covid.

Who needs Free Speech?

Following in the foot-stomps of dictators everywhere Jacinda Ardern lays out the threat of speeches from people more inspiring than her:

The face of war has changed. And with that, the weapons used.

Traditional combat, espionage and the threat of nuclear weapons are now accompanied by cyber-attacks, prolific disinformation and manipulation of whole communities and societies.

After all, a bullet takes a life. A bomb takes out a whole village. A lie online or from a podium does not. But what if that lie, told repeatedly, and across many platforms, prompts, inspires, or motivates others to take up arms? To threaten the security of others. To turn a blind eye to atrocities, or worse, to become complicit in them. What then?

This is no longer a hypothetical.

And surely we can start with violent extremism and terrorist content online.

https://joannenova.com.au/2022/10/jacinda-ardern-calls-for-a-global-ministry-of-truth-to-stop-disinformation-weapon/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=jacinda-ardern-calls-for-a-global-ministry-of-truth-to-stop-disinformation-weapon
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Who would have believed that the English-speaking world could fall so far, so quickly...?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The most deadly lies have come from the Government.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

A free people, who are free to exchange ideas regardless of the current "officially accepted truth", that's who.

These globalists can stuff their totalitarian dreams where the sun won't shine.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline The_Reader_David

Who would have believed that the English-speaking world could fall so far, so quickly...?

George Orwell:  Oceanea with its IngSoc in 1984 was pretty much envisioning the Anglosphere as run by a totalitarian version of the Five Eyes intelligence-sharing alliance. 
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.