Author Topic: Air Force grounds most C-130Hs due to cracked propeller barrels  (Read 123 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Air Force grounds most C-130Hs due to cracked propeller barrels
« on: October 02, 2022, 11:51:06 am »
Air Force grounds most C-130Hs due to cracked propeller barrels
By Stephen Losey
 Sep 30, 05:33 PM

WASHINGTON — The Air Force has grounded most of its older C-130H Hercules cargo planes and variants due to a problem with their propeller barrels.

Air Mobility Command on Friday confirmed a wide swath of its C-130H fleet, which numbered 128 at the beginning of fiscal 2022, is unable to fly, and it’s unclear how long it will take to replace all the defective propeller assemblies.

AMC said 116 C-130Hs, including variants of the mobility aircraft, were grounded on Tuesday due to concerns their propeller assemblies are defective, and that inspections over the coming days will show how many of those are affected.

AMC said the groundings are “widespread” and primarily affect the Air Force Reserve and Air National Guard.

https://www.defensenews.com/air/2022/09/30/air-force-grounds-most-c-130hs-due-to-cracked-propeller-barrels/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson