Author Topic: Air Force football sanctioned for recruiting violations  (Read 230 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Air Force football sanctioned for recruiting violations
« on: October 02, 2022, 11:34:22 am »
Air Force football sanctioned for recruiting violations
Thu, September 29, 2022 at 4:02 PMĀ·2 min read

AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colo. (AP) The Air Force football program received two years of probation from the NCAA and had its squad size reduced by 10 for four years as part of its sanctions for recruiting violations.

The penalties were announced Thursday after Air Force and four individuals reached an agreement with NCAA enforcement staff on recruiting violations. A fifth individual in the case has contested their role and will be heard by the committee on infractions.

The sanctions also include a fine and a reduction of 46 total official visits for the football program in the 2022-23 and `23-24 academic years. In addition, there's a prohibition on unofficial visits in football from Sept. 1 through Oct. 12, 2022, and a reduced number of evaluation days this fall.

https://sports.yahoo.com/air-force-football-sanctioned-recruiting-200239367.html?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Air Force football sanctioned for recruiting violations
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2022, 11:37:39 am »
Individuals may falter and give in to temptation and dishonesty, but it will never find a home at a military academy!  There are codes of conduct which coaches and players must adhere to. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline EdinVA

Re: Air Force football sanctioned for recruiting violations
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2022, 12:22:13 pm »
So what horrible crime did they commit?
Murderers get less punishment in some states..