Author Topic: The Corps has new amphibious vehicles, needs maintainer training tools  (Read 176 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Corps has new amphibious vehicles, needs maintainer training tools
By Hope Hodge Seck
 Thursday, Sep 29

More than 100 amphibious combat vehicles already have started service in the Marine Corps fleet ― but the Corps is just now beginning the process of acquiring specialized tools and training environments to teach maintainers how to fix them.

And that’s by design, the program manager for the amphibious combat vehicle says.

On Tuesday, Marine Corps Systems Command hosted an industry day at Quantico, Virginia, inviting prospective contractors to present solutions to fix and maintain the service’s newest swimming vehicle.

Fourteen companies showed up, and ten industry representatives had one-on-one meetings with Marine officials, Mike Olree, Marine Corps amphibious combat vehicle product manager, told Marine Corps Times.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2022/09/29/the-corps-has-amphibious-combat-vehicles-now-it-needs-training-tools/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: The Corps has new amphibious vehicles, needs maintainer training tools
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2022, 11:24:21 am »
Hey, what's a maintainer? How do you use it? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson