Author Topic: Army says it’s making changes after drowning of Utah solider  (Read 278 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army says it’s making changes after drowning of Utah solider
« on: October 02, 2022, 11:10:49 am »

Army says it’s making changes after drowning of Utah solider

By: Nate Carlisle
Posted at 5:14 PM, Sep 29, 2022 and last updated7:14PM, Sep 29, 2022

SALT LAKE CITY — A Utah soldier drowned last year due, at least in part, to an inadequate safety vest and a lack of protocols by U.S. Army special forces, according to an investigator’s report.

Staff Sgt. Paul L. Olmstead drowned Sept. 21, 2021, at Fort Campbell — an Army post on the Kentucky-Tennessee line. Olmstead, a member of the Utah National Guard’s 19th Special Forces Group, was wearing an Aqualung Scout Swimmer Vest. It has a carbon dioxide cartridge the swimmer can detonate to inflate the vest.

But Olmstead apparently lost consciousness and never had the opportunity to inflate the vest, according to a report FOX 13 obtained through a request under the Freedom of Information Act.

https://www.fox13now.com/news/fox-13-investigates/army-says-its-making-changes-after-drowning-of-utah-solider
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Army says it’s making changes after drowning of Utah solider
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2022, 11:13:10 am »
The military has a lot of really good stuff, it also has a lot of really bad stuff, stuff I wouldn't let a liberal use. :nono:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2022, 01:19:18 pm »
…SSG Olmstead likely suffered a medical event that rendered him unconscious and unable to activate the [vest]

Why? covid vax?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2022, 10:10:31 pm »
But Olmstead apparently lost consciousness and never had the opportunity to inflate the vest, according to a report FOX 13 obtained through a request under the Freedom of Information Act.

Am I the only one that  has noted how people who lose consciousness seem to be able to do very little other than drool?

Well,some still manage to run for President,and one even managed to steal enough votes to win,but they are exceptions and are being propped up like the puppets they are by their Masters,who are lurking in the background and pulling the strings.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!