Author Topic: The U.S. Army’s New Fitness Test Is Here (For Real This Time)  (Read 383 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The U.S. Army’s New Fitness Test Is Here (For Real This Time)
« on: October 02, 2022, 11:00:08 am »
The U.S. Army’s New Fitness Test Is Here (For Real This Time)

By Steve Beynon
Published20 hours ago

After over a decade in the making, the Army’s new fitness test has arrived. And at a moment when the U.S. Army is facing tough competition from Russia, China, Iran, North Korea, and many other nations, it could help the service get in fighting shape. Or will it?

On Saturday, the Army‘s new fitness test becomes official after nearly 12 years in development, marking the first time since soldiers began training for the new standard two years ago that they will have their strength and endurance formally held up to the new benchmarks.

A staple of military service, the fitness test has effectively been sidelined as officials tuned it and soldiers got familiar with revamped, more difficult fitness routines. The test becomes official for part-time National Guard and Reserve soldiers in April.

The Army Combat Fitness Test, or ACFT, has been a heated topic among troops, the media and Congress as the service effectively developed much of the test in public, seeking feedback in real time. Soldiers initially blasted the test for being overly complicated and a logistical hurdle to set up while Congress, think tanks and Army Secretary Christine Wormuth raised concerns on the test’s impact on women. And despite finally putting the test into effect, more changes are likely coming, though they are expected to be minor.

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2022/09/the-u-s-armys-new-fitness-test-is-here-for-real-this-time/
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 11:01:13 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson