Author Topic: Indonesia stadium riot: At least 127 people reported dead following soccer match, police say  (Read 471 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
At least 127 people are dead and hundreds more injured, police say, after chaos and violence erupted late on Saturday following an Indonesian league soccer match between two of the nation’s biggest teams.

Supporters of Arema FC and rival Persebaya Surabaya clashed after home team Arema FC was defeated 3-2 at a match in the city of Malang in East Java.

“First of all, a riot happened,” East Java police chief Nico Afinta said during a press conference following the event.

“From Saturday’s incident (so far), 127 people have died – including two members of the police,” he said. Close to 200 people were also injured, he added.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/01/asia/indonesia-soccer-stadium-stampede-persebaya-surabaya-arema-fc-intl-hnk/index.html
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mountaineer

Yikes. Who do they think they are, Brits?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EdinVA

It's safer to be in a hurricane in FL...

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Damn good thing they don't have guns or we'd see some real significant numbers of dead and injured  **nononono* How shallow must your life be to get this upset over a damn game?

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
How shallow must your life be to get this upset over a damn game?
Whatever this is, there is much more involved than a 'damn game'. There are dozens of political, social, and religious sects in Indonesia. The game was the spark. But the kindling was already laid.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
So, who thought firing teargas into a crowd of 40K confined in a stadium  was a good idea?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.