Author Topic: WaPo Omits Data To Claim Summers Are ‘…Hotter, Longer And More Dangerous’  (Read 195 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY ANTHONY WATTS ON SEP 30, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

WaPo Omits Data To Claim Summers Are ‘…Hotter, Longer And More Dangerous’

A story in The Washington Post (WaPo), titled “Summer in America is becoming hotter, longer and more dangerous”, By Anna Phillips, Brady Dennis, Jason Samenow, John Muyskens, and Naema Ahmed, claims that compared to the last 50 years, the summer heat is worse than ever.

The story is absolutely false.

In order to make the claim, the WaPo omits more than half of the U.S. temperature dataset they reference. [bold, links added]

In scientific circles, such a tactic is called “cherry picking” where only the data desired to make your point is used. It is one of the most egregious violations of science because it is deliberate, rather than based on error or misinterpretation of data.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/wapo-omits-data-to-claim-summers-are-hotter-longer-and-more-dangerous/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson