Author Topic: Beto O'Rourke blames Gov. Greg Abbott for nixing live audience in tonight's debate  (Read 326 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Houston Chronicle by Cayla Harris 9/30/2022

Tonight's debate between Gov. Greg Abbott and Democrat Beto O'Rourke won't feature a live studio audience — and O'Rourke is blaming the governor for that arrangement.

"Greg Abbott let more people into the room to watch him ban abortion in cases of rape and incest than he's letting into the room to watch tonight's debate," O'Rourke tweeted Friday morning.

Abbott's campaign said O'Rourke's tweet was inaccurate, and both candidates had agreed to rules put out by Nexstar Media Group, the television station hosting the 7 p.m. debate at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley in Edinburg.

"The terms of debate were agreed to by both campaigns months ago, and now, at the last minute, Beto doesn't like them," said Mark Miner, the communications director for the Abbott campaign. "He's a fraud surrounded by incompetence. Tonight Beto will have to explain his support for defunding the police, open borders and extreme environmental energy policies that will kill hundreds of thousands of energy jobs in Texas."

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texas/article/Beto-O-Rourke-blames-Gov-Greg-Abbott-for-nixing-17478110.php

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Abbott remembers the assinine qnd opportunistic publicity stunt Beto the skateboard master pulled in Uvalde.

Bozo Beto is down 10 points, and needs a "Hail Mary", and I don't put anything past him.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.