General Category > Economy/Business

Stocks Tumble On The Heels Of Another Disastrous Inflation Report

<< < (2/2)

DefiantMassRINO:
Where's the "Inflation Reduction" that Grandpa Joe brags about?

I went to the grocery store earlier today.  Milk was $5.39/gallon, and chicken drumsticks were $1.89/lb.

catfish1957:

--- Quote from: DB on October 01, 2022, 01:52:17 am ---If manufacturing craters demand for metals drops.

--- End quote ---

Also watching out for '29 like assest deflationary pressures too.  You are right about silver and platiinum applying to manufacturing demand, but gold has very minimal industrial applications, and its purpose is mostly for jewelry, coinage, and even more a currency base on a soverign basis.

Fundementals tell me that gold should not be in the $1600's/oz. right now

The mass cost inflation we are seeing is more related to awful monetary and governmental fiscal policy.  I am suspecting there may be some other cyclical undercurrents impacting the commodity markets. We are kind of in uncharted territory.  POTUS and his fin. cronies are doing their best Jimmy Carter, but at least Carter understood basic ecomomic principals of not giving congress a blank check in a inflationary spiral.

Hearing the bipartisan clamor of war drums?  I have my suspicions why, and they aren't altruistically intended towards Ukraine'a safety.

Hoodat:

--- Quote from: Smokin Joe on October 01, 2022, 12:56:15 am ---Metals have dropped,too. That really doesn't make sense, as they are the traditional hedge.

--- End quote ---

Traditional, yes.  But also a very poor one.

Hoodat:

--- Quote from: DefiantMassRINO on October 01, 2022, 03:14:20 am ---I went to the grocery store earlier today.  Milk was $5.39/gallon, and chicken drumsticks were $1.89/lb.

--- End quote ---

Have you priced mayonnaise lately?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version