Author Topic: Joe Biden Warns that Democracy Is Threatened by Italy’s Election of Giorgia Meloni  (Read 882 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden Warns that Democracy Is Threatened by Italy’s Election of Giorgia Meloni

Charlie Spiering 30 Sep 2022

President Joe Biden warned Wednesday that the election of Italy’s first woman Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni represented a threat to democracy.

The president spoke during a Democrat Governors Association reception at a private residence in Washington, D.C., returning to one of his favorite talking points about the future of democracy threatened by populist-nationalist political figures.

“You just saw what’s happened in Italy in that election,” he said, referring to Meloni’s election. “You’re seeing what’s happening around the world.”

Biden officials are privately concerned that Meloni represents a shift in power away from the leftist global elites to a more populist conservative political future in Europe such as the movements currently in power in Poland and Hungary.

“You’re going to think this is a little out of whack what I’m going to talk about — but, you know, democracy is at stake,” he continued, speaking to governors and Democrat supporters.

Biden spoke about the importance of electing Democrat governors because they would control the future of state elections.

“Literally, the outcome of an election is going to be determined by how well the governors run their states, who’s in charge at the time, whether or not things are going to be — how we count the votes, whether or not it’s transparent, and a whole range of things,” he said.

The president also revisited the discussion of his conversation with the leader of the Communist party in China Xi Jinping about the virtues of democracy versus autocracy.

“Literally, there’s a — there’s a case being made around the world, not just here, because democracy and autocracy,” he said. “And there’s an awful lot of folks who believe that democracies can’t be sustained in the 21st century.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/09/30/joe-biden-warns-that-democracy-threatened-italys-election-giorgia-meloni/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Democracy is threatened by a democratic election?  Seriously?  What a fool.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Meloni has more balls than Joe ever had and she isn't a Tranny.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

If only we could work out a deal with Italy to trade them Biden, Harris, Pelosi, Ocasio, Klain and a player to be named later for one Meloni.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
"Threat to democracy" --
any time the people elect someone other than the ruling clique's hand picked puppet dictator.

If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline mountaineer

I love it when a democratically-elected person turns out to be a threat to said democracy. Welcome to Crazytown, population Joe.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I love it when a democratically-elected person turns out to be a threat to said democracy. Welcome to Crazytown, population Joe.
...and a cast of millions, apparently.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Joe's version of democracy may have been threatened, but freedom certainly wasn't.
Dr. Eli David
@DrEliDavid
After just 4 days in office, @GiorgiaMeloni the new prime minister of Italy 🇮🇹, abolished all vaccine mandates that were in place.
Remember how all the woke liberals said she is a fascist? Well, she respects people's rights more than all those hypocrites
6:29 AM · Oct 29, 2022

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I'd trade her for Biden any day.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

Joe is the one who is a threat to our Republic.  For that matter so is Chuckles and the rest of the DEM party and many in the GOP. This country is in rough shape.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.