Author Topic: Do Republicans Cause Hurricanes? by David Catron  (Read 273 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Do Republicans Cause Hurricanes? by David Catron
« on: September 30, 2022, 02:16:20 pm »
 Do Republicans Cause Hurricanes?
The corporate media gears up to give DeSantis the Katrina treatment.
by David Catron
September 29, 2022, 10:40 PM

With the grim inevitability of Greek tragedy, three things always happen when a hurricane makes landfall in the United States. First, the storm will be touted by the corporate media as evidence that anthropogenic climate change presents an existential threat to humanity and the planet. Second, anyone who dares question the accuracy of this claim will be either ignored or denounced as a dangerous anti-science “denier.” Third, if the hurricane happens to hit a state with a GOP governor, he will be blamed for causing any resultant death and destruction.

In the case of Hurricane Ian, all three commenced more than 24 hours before the storm actually arrived in Florida. On Tuesday, CNN talking head Don Lemon contradicted Jamie Rhome — the acting director of National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s National Hurricane Center — about the effect of climate change on the storm’s intensity. Rhome tried to stay on topic and cautioned Lemon against linking any single weather event to climate change. Lemon nonetheless insisted on providing this brilliant scientific analysis: “Well, listen, I grew up there and these storms are intensifying. Something is causing them to intensify.”

Also on Tuesday, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Administrator Deanne Criswell told White House reporters that she had concerns about the complacency of some Floridians who hadn’t experienced a major hurricane, but she characterized FEMA’s interaction with state officials as “excellent.” Predictably, Politico misrepresented the administrator’s comments in order to create a false narrative about Florida’s allegedly “lax response” to storm warnings. Later, a “reporter” hit Gov. Ron DeSantis with this: “FEMA Administrator Criswell said today that she acknowledged concerns about Florida’s, as it was said, ‘lax response’ to the storm so far.” DeSantis immediately shut him down:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Give me a break. That is nonsense. Stop politicizing, OK? Stop it. We declared a state of emergency when this thing wasn’t even formed.… Honestly, you’re trying to attack me I get, but you’re attacking these other people who have worked very hard. So, that’s just totally false. I don’t think we have ever, certainly since I’ve been governor, declared a state of emergency this early.

more
https://spectator.org/republicans-hurricane-ian-desantis/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

Re: Do Republicans Cause Hurricanes? by David Catron
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2022, 02:29:14 pm »
Can't be possible... it takes action to create a hurricane...

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Do Republicans Cause Hurricanes? by David Catron
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2022, 10:29:27 pm »
"Do Republicans Cause Hurricanes?"

We can only wish for that.
If they did, the evil Pubbies could direct them to hit DC, Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York, and Boston.
Again... again... and again!