Author Topic: If This Is The Dems’ ‘Winning’ Message, They Deserve To Lose … Bigly I & I Editorial Board  (Read 163 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
If This Is The Dems’ ‘Winning’ Message, They Deserve To Lose … Bigly
I & I Editorial Board
September 30, 2022

Democrats have been trying to scare voters for months. A Republican victory, they shout, will mean the rise of semi-fascism! Women will be shackled to their birthing beds! Democracy itself is at stake!

None of it has worked. Despite endless news reports about how Democrats’ chances in the midterms were improving, the needle just isn’t moving.

So, will they try to run on their record of “accomplishment”? Brent Budowsky, a columnist for The Hill, says they should. In a piece headlined: “A closing message for Democrats to win,” he says they just need to ask voters: “Do you want to build on, or reverse, the achievements of Biden and the Democratic Congress?”

What achievements? Budowsky lists them. Democrats, he says:

lowered prescription drug costs,
    created tens of millions of high-wage jobs,
    made “dramatic” improvements in veterans’ health care,
    “important” progress to combat gun violence, and
    “historic” progress climate change,
    strengthened the Violence Against Women Act,
    passed the American Rescue Plan,
    expanded Child Care Tax Credit,
    and got a bipartisan infrastructure law passed.

Seriously? That’s the list? Most of these are bogus. The rest will just make voters think Democrats are even more out of touch than they imagined. Their top concerns are inflation, the recession, and violent crime, and Democrats want to brag about bigger subsidies for electric cars?

But let’s take Budowsky seriously for a minute, and look at each of these “wins.”

more
https://issuesinsights.com/2022/09/30/if-this-is-the-dems-winning-message-they-deserve-to-lose-bigly/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34