Author Topic: Much-Delayed Carrier Won’t Go Far in Its First Deployment  (Read 219 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Much-Delayed Carrier Won’t Go Far in Its First Deployment
« on: September 30, 2022, 10:48:33 am »

Five years into service, USS Ford will exercise in the Atlantic ahead of a full deployment in 2023.
CAITLIN M. KENNEY | SEPTEMBER 29, 2022 02:13 PM ET
NAVY TECHNOLOGY

The first official deployment of the USS Gerald R. Ford will be something of a short test run: a set of exercises with allies in the Atlantic, the 2nd Fleet commander said this week.

This “service-retained deployment” will start next week and last for an undisclosed amount of time, Vice Adm. Daniel Dwyer told reporters Monday in remarks that the Navy asked to embargo until Thursday. The 5-year-old aircraft carrier is to make its first “global deployment” in 2023.

Other first-in-class carriers such as the Nimitz and Enterprise (CVN 65) have done similar initial deployments, Dwyer said. The Ford will remain under 2nd Fleet control and will not chop to a combatant commander, he said.

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2022/09/much-delayed-carrier-wont-go-far-its-first-deployment/377833/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Much-Delayed Carrier Won’t Go Far in Its First Deployment
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2022, 10:04:23 pm »
Sounds like they still don't have a lot of confidence in it.

Offline rustynail

Re: Much-Delayed Carrier Won’t Go Far in Its First Deployment
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2022, 10:53:46 pm »

All the way to the bottom.