Author Topic: Costa Rica declares state of emergency as wave of migrants from around the world steam towards US  (Read 400 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Costa Rica declares state of emergency as wave of migrants from around the world steam towards US
FEATUREDWIB CULTURE September 29, 2023 Staff Writer

Jacqueline Charles, Syra Ortiz Blanes, Antonio Maria Delgado
Miami Herald
(TNS)

Citing a crushing wave of migrants from Venezuela, Haiti, Cuba and around the world moving through Costa Rica headed for the United States, the Central American country has declared a “state of emergency” and stepped up deportations.

“The people that arrive are passing across Costa Rica trying to get to the United States, basically,” President Rodrigo Chaves said.

Viewed as one of the friendlier and protective countries along a 7,000 mile, 11-nation migration trail that begins in Brazil and ends at the U.S.-Mexico border, Costa Rica has recently seen a dramatic rise in migration. That spike is straining the country’s resources and led to an increase in crime.

https://warisboring.com/costa-rica-declares-state-of-emergency-as-wave-of-migrants-from-around-the-world-steam-towards-us/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Once again...

The most prescient man of the 20th Century:

The book he wrote:

You don't need to read it.
Just read the synopsis here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Camp_of_the_Saints#Plot

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Once again...

The most prescient man of the 20th Century:

The book he wrote:

You don't need to read it.
Just read the synopsis here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Camp_of_the_Saints#Plot
Unless someone has tucked away an electronic copy, it is unlikely I will read the book any time soon. Web prices, even used, are well over $100.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Joe wrote:
"Unless someone has tucked away an electronic copy, it is unlikely I will read the book any time soon. Web prices, even used, are well over $100."

As I say in my post above, you don't need to read the actual book.
Just read the synopsis at the URL I gave.

Looking around, it seems that the digital copies have been largely "scrubbed" from the net (for good reason). If I find a good link, I'll post it here.

hmmmmm....
Numerous copies can be found at:
http://bookszlibb74ugqojhzhg2a63w5i2atv5bqarulgczawnbmsb6s6qead.onion/s/camp%20of%20the%20saints
....but this is a "dark web" URL, need the Tor browser and an account at z-lib.org

More info:
The Brave browser can take you there, or any other browser that can support Tor.
But you may still need a z-lib "login" to get it, because the number of downloads is usually "used up" for non-logged in users.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 11:07:14 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Using the Roman Empire as the template, they're going to do it to us.
The Republic is lost.