Author Topic: Senate passes short-term funding bill to avert shutdown  (Read 323 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate passes short-term funding bill to avert shutdown
« on: September 29, 2022, 06:53:58 pm »
 Senate passes short-term funding bill to avert shutdown
by Aris Folley - 09/29/22 2:40 PM ET

The Senate on Thursday approved a short-term government funding bill, less than two days ahead of a looming shutdown deadline on Friday night.

Senators voted 72-25 to advance the bill, sending the must-pass legislation to the House, where it is expected to pass swiftly before heading to President Biden’s desk for signature.

“We’re not going to shut the government down,” House Appropriations Chairwoman Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.) told reporters on late Wednesday, adding she is “ optimistic that we’re going to pass a bill.”

The bill, also known as a continuing resolution (CR), will temporarily allow the government to remain funded at the current spending levels through mid-December, giving negotiators and leadership more time to work out a larger agreement over how to fund the government for fiscal 2023, which begins on Oct. 1.

The legislation also includes more than $12 billion in security and financial assistance for Ukraine amid Russia’s ongoing invasion, as well as funding for disaster relief, following a White House request for emergency funding in both areas weeks back.

However, the package excludes supplemental funding for the nation’s coronavirus and monkeypox, despite a request by the White House for billions, amid staunch GOP opposition.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/3667346-senate-passes-short-term-funding-bill-to-avert-shutdown/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Re: Senate passes short-term funding bill to avert shutdown
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2022, 07:06:46 pm »
So at least 22 Republican Senators voted in favor of printing more inflationary money to fund government, but only through December.
 At which time the Democrats, still in control of the House and Senate can pass whatever spending they want.  Idiots.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2022, 08:23:29 pm »
 ////00000////

So, they kept the lights on while no actually passing a full, real fiscal budget - which is their primary Constitutional responsibility?

Wow, they deserve a participation trophy.

Lock them all in a room until they pass a real budget.  I'm tried of being mugged by the IRS to subsidize Stupid and Useless.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2022, 10:22:26 pm »
RINO grunts:
"Lock them all in a room until they pass a real budget.  I'm tried of being mugged by the IRS to subsidize Stupid and Useless."

I doubt you (or any other member of the forum reading this message) will live long enough to see the DC government pass "a real budget" again.

(Notice that I refer to it as "The DC government" and no longer "the United States government"...)