Author Topic: Trump Wants to Bully DeSantis Out of the Race, Which Means He's Paid Zero Attention to DeSantis  (Read 676 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump Wants to Bully DeSantis Out of the Race, Which Means He's Paid Zero Attention to DeSantis
By Joe Cunningham | 10:49 AM on April 22, 2023

I’m sort of at the point where I think maybe Florida Governor Ron DeSantis was on the fence before but with Donald Trump’s constant (and honestly ridiculous) attacks on him, DeSantis is definitely not on the fence now.

I know DeSantis has basically been gearing up for a run, especially in recent weeks, but he’s done a stellar job as governor of Florida and can probably have that job as long as he wants. The man won a swing state (with a heavy Hispanic population) by 20 points. Clearly his political instincts in the face of diversity are on point. And that is absolutely infuriating Donald Trump, whose political instincts are about as sharp as tapioca pudding.

In 2016, Trump benefitted from Kellyanne Conway keeping him disciplined and on track to beat a wildly unpopular Hillary Clinton (seriously – America chose reality TV over Clinton, which tells you all you need to know about how beloved she really is). In 2020, as I wrote at the time, Trump was incredibly undisciplined, with no clear message and having listened to the Health Experts, made some bad decisions when it came to leadership during the pandemic. It hurt the country.

Now, he’s trying to shift all of the blame to DeSantis in absolutely incredible and dishonest rants to anyone who will listen.

https://twitter.com/CurtisHouck/status/1649480310050922504

more
https://redstate.com/joesquire/2023/04/22/auto-draft-78-n735162
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
This article matches what I've been thinking about this recently as well.  The viciousness of the attacks by Trump on DeSantis are almost forcing DeSantis to run. Because if he doesn't run, it will look like he is scared of Trump, and doesn't have an effective rebuttal to the attacks Trump is making on him. So to defend his own reputation, DeSantis has to run.

I think there's a chance DeSantis may not have chosen to run if Trump had gone about this differently, giving DeSantis reasons not to run without insulting him.   But now that he's cornered him, he's forcing DeSantis to fight back.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 05:19:29 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline LMAO

This article matches what I've been thinking about this recently as well.  The viciousness of the attacks by Trump on DeSantis or almost forcing to Santa's to run. Because if he doesn't run, it will look like he is scared of Trump, and doesn't have an effective rebuttal to the attacks Trump is making on him. So to defend his own reputation, DeSantis has to run.

I think there's a chance DeSantis may not have chosen to run if Trump had gone about this differently, giving DeSantis reasons not to run without insulting him.   But now that he's cornered him, he's forcing DeSantis to fight back.

Lol…

My phone does the same thing
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Dammit!
@LMAO

I tend to keep my replies short. By the time I fix what this tablet autocorrects I have forgotten what I wanted to say to begin with. 
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LMAO

I type out something and then I press Post

Then someone will reply to my post but quote mine as part of the reply,and that’s when  I’ll see the autocorrect
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LadyLiberty

If FL is so horrible, then Trump and his family should go back to NYC and re-establish their residency there.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
If FL is so horrible, then Trump and his family should go back to NYC and re-establish their residency there.

Exactly...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

:amen:

Offline Kamaji

Good point.

Offline libertybele

It's not the taxes that is making FL unaffordable, it's the insurance premiums. We pay homeowner's insurance with a hurricane deductible and flood insurance.The insurance industry here is a mess due to some powerful hurricanes in the past decade, with the most recent occurring last year. Lots of insurance companies have become insolvent.

Insurance companies right now aren't paying out to homeowners and many, many are without any assistance.  DeSantis is working on it but ultimately it is up to the Insurance Commissioner and the acting Florida Commissioner of Insurance Regulation is Michael Yaworsky.  DeSantis should take some heat for this because he appointed Yaworsky in March, but he was appointed months after Ian hit.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
The Trump Metamorphous.....

In 2016, he was a blank slate, came across as a guns blazing conservative.   

By YE 2020 had run up record debt as a POTUS.   

In  2023 he is now promising Freedom Cities and Jetson Cars at taxpayer expense.  For what price tag?  $15T????

I have been watching politics closely since Nixon.  In my entire life, I have never seen a politician take such a hard left.  The beams in the Orange Trojan Horse have fallen through, and conservatives won't be fooled again
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

It's not the taxes that is making FL unaffordable, it's the insurance premiums. We pay homeowner's insurance with a hurricane deductible and flood insurance.The insurance industry here is a mess due to some powerful hurricanes in the past decade, with the most recent occurring last year. Lots of insurance companies have become insolvent.

Insurance companies right now aren't paying out to homeowners and many, many are without any assistance.  DeSantis is working on it but ultimately it is up to the Insurance Commissioner and the acting Florida Commissioner of Insurance Regulation is Michael Yaworsky.  DeSantis should take some heat for this because he appointed Yaworsky in March, but he was appointed months after Ian hit.

There's only so much insurance companies and the government can do, though. The unavoidable reality is that Florida is a low-lying state that periodically gets hit by extreme weather causing tremendous and very expensive damage.  At some level, that cost can and must be born by those folks who choose to live in that state.

And no matter how you spread it around with paperwork, that's going to make it more expensive.

Offline ScottinVA

Well, perhaps Trump would be happier back in New York.

Or, maybe he should simply STFU about Florida.