Author Topic: US-Mexico Border encounters of unaccompanied migrant children jumps to 267,000 since Biden took offi  (Read 179 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US-Mexico Border encounters of unaccompanied migrant children jumps to 267,000 since Biden took office

The largest number of encounters with unaccompanied and underage migrants at the U.S.-Mexico border was July 2021 with nearly 19,000.
By Louis Casiano , Bill Melugin | Fox News

US-Mexico Border encounters of unaccompanied migrant children jumps to 267,000 since Biden took office

Officials at the southern border have encountered hundreds of thousands of unaccompanied migrant children and minors in the months since President Biden took office, a figure that could further claims by opponents that his immigration policies have led to a surge of attempted illegal immigration to the United States.

Since taking over the White House in January 2021, border agents and officers at the U.S.-Mexico border have encountered 267,000 such migrants, according to data released by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

For fiscal year 2022, there have been 140,186 encounters with one month left to go. The months during parts of fiscal years 2018 and 2019, when then-President Trump occupied the White House, encounters involving unaccompanied and underage migrants only surpassed 10,000 once, in May 2019, according to CBP data.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-mexico-border-encounters-unaccompanied-migrant-children-jumps-267000-since-biden-took-office
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 05:40:35 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson