Author Topic: 'The birthplace of liberty is a cesspool': Crime wave sweeps 'lawless' Philadelphia  (Read 1222 times)

Offline Kamaji

'The birthplace of liberty is a cesspool': Crime wave sweeps 'lawless' Philadelphia with more than 750 people shot dead since Memorial Day and rampant smash-and-grabs wrecking businesses

By ALEX HAMMER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
28 September 2022

Philadelphia residents have decried a recent spate of violent crime that has seen more than 750 people shot since the end of May, as a series of high profile incidents have rocked the crime-ridden city.

Since Memorial Day, shootings and assaults in the supposed City of Brotherly Love has been rife, with gun violence being particularly relentless.

Shootings have occurred every day of the week and at any given hour of the day since May 31 - with nearly every corner of the city impacted.

The crime wave, meanwhile, has spared no one - with one incident this past week seeing a Temple University grad murdered by a masked gunman while walking the street, and another claiming the life of a 14-year-old football player when he was heading home from a school scrimmage.

Mass looting and other brazen assaults have also been commonplace, such as one over the weekend that saw more than 100 children as young as 10 storm and ransack a Wawa convenience store.

In another, filmed incident, a commuter was held at gunpoint by a masked marauder while waiting for the subway - further outraging fed-up Philadelphians.

The steady stream of violent episodes spurred city officials - including progressive Mayor Jim Kenney - to stage a meeting last month behind closed doors to discuss ways to reduce the violence.

However, despite this, gun violence has been on the rise, causing many to speak out against the city's soft-on-crime policies and politicians, calling for change in a city that has been touted as the birthplace of American democracy.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11256267/Philadelphia-citizens-outraged-spate-crime-750-people-shot-dead-Memorial-Day.html

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
So long as the residents of Philadelphia keep voting for the dem-communists, the problems there will only grow worse over time.

Consider:
As the city deteriorates, those who can leave WILL leave. I'll reckon this will include many (or most) of the traditional-minded (and white) folks who are still there. What will remain behind is a populace that becomes both increasingly "left-leaning" and dependent upon the government.

Think they'll ever wake up?

Offline goatprairie

A few weeks ago I was surfing on YT and saw a video about a street near downtown Philly.
I've never been to Philadelphia, but the pictures I saw of the human detritus and trash on that street made the nickname Filthydelphia more apt.
There were countless numbers of what appeared to be homeless/drug addicted human wrecks either lying unconscious on the sidewalk or staggering around the filthy sidewalk and street.
And there were what looked like normal people attempting to navigate through the human disaster zone like soldiers trying to get through a minefield without getting blown up.
A civilized society simply does not allow conditions like that to exist.
What is wrong with the Democrats who run Philadelphia and other large cities where similar scenes of human degradation and filth are allowed?

Online Right_in_Virginia

"This video shows what's really going on in Pennsylvania.  Acting AG Josh Shapiro does NOTHING to stop this"

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1577322920359215105

Offline verga

A civilized society simply does not allow conditions like that to exist.
What is wrong with the Democrats who run Philadelphia and other large cities where similar scenes of human degradation and filth are allowed?
Reagan said it best, “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

The Dimmies have Zero interest in freedom, their only interest is in attaining and keeping power.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Someone correct me if I am wrong,but wouldn't that headline be correct for ANY year in Philly since at least 1950?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Right_in_Virginia

"Armed Group Seen On Video Jumping From Van, Stealing Car At Gunpoint In Philadelphia"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1577829371062239232

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This might have been news 30 or 40 years ago,but not today.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Right_in_Virginia

"Jack Posobiec breaks down how Philadelphia has been turned into a giant cesspool" (Video)

https://rumble.com/embed/v1l3o8c/?pub=4

Online Right_in_Virginia

Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

BREAKING: Wawa closes Philly stores over ‘safety’ concerns

BREAKING: Wawa closes Philly stores over ‘safety’ concerns
A spokesperson for the company said, “All associates from these two stores will be offered continued employment at Wawa. These two closures do not necessarily impact or limit the potential for future...

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-wawa-closes-philly-stores-over-safety-concerns?utm_campaign=64483 

10:33 AM · Oct 14, 2022   Twitter Web App

Offline DefiantMassRINO

"criminal justice reform" ... let the criminals run amok today to make up for "past injustices".
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
From the source article:
"In another, filmed incident, a commuter was held at gunpoint by a masked marauder while waiting for the subway - further outraging fed-up Philadelphians."

"Philadelphians" are not "fed up", nor are they "outraged".

If they WERE such things, they would vote out all the dem-communist leadership (for whom they've been repeatedly voting for for decades), and vote in the Republican party.

They're not going to do that.
Not sooner.
Not later.

It is what it is.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 01:43:53 pm by Fishrrman »

Online Right_in_Virginia

"WATCH: Bullet holes thru inner Wawa glass door now shattered after customer shot 4:15am at Frankford & Academy @Wawa.     Store now closed as ⁦@PhillyPolice⁩ look at all the surveillance video from all Wawa camera angles and get best pics of shooter"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/KeeleyFox29/status/1588478525354418176

Offline goatprairie

So if nothing changes and the ultra violence continues as usual or increases and more businesses move out, what happens if there is nothing left in Philly for the thugs to rob? Do they move out to the suburbs? It might be happening now from stuff I've read.
At some point something drastic might have to be done. Civilizations cannot go on with this kind of crime and disorder.

Offline LMAO

From the source article:
"In another, filmed incident, a commuter was held at gunpoint by a masked marauder while waiting for the subway - further outraging fed-up Philadelphians."

"Philadelphians" are not "fed up", nor are they "outraged".

If they WERE such things, they would vote out all the dem-communist leadership (for whom they've been repeatedly voting for for decades), and vote in the Republican party.

They're not going to do that.
Not sooner.
Not later.

It is what it is.

@Fishrrman

After Hochul's win in NY and Ellison in MN, I have come to the conclusion that the voters in these cities prefer high crime. I no longer care as long as they keep the crime in their communities. If they insist on voting for the same people year after year, then why waste my energy caring
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy