Author Topic: Aim high: Air Force green-lights waivers for THC-positive applicants  (Read 328 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Aim high: Air Force green-lights waivers for THC-positive applicants
By Rachel S. Cohen
 Sep 27, 04:15 PM

The Air Force and Space Force are now offering a second chance to applicants who test positive for the high-inducing chemical tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) during their entrance physical.

The temporary policy change marks an attempt to rethink an aspect of the Air Force’s stringent ban on marijuana use as the service struggles to meet its recruiting goals.

“Previously, a positive THC result on the initial test would have led to a permanent bar from entry into the [Air Force or Space Force],” Air Force spokesperson Ann Stefanek said. “The pilot program offers some prospective applicants an opportunity to retest after 90 days if they are granted a waiver.”

“We have to be realistic today,” Air Force recruiting boss Maj. Gen. Ed Thomas said.
By Rachel S. Cohen

To earn a waiver, applicants must score at least 50 points on the Armed Forces Qualification Test, have no felony or misdemeanor convictions, possess a high school diploma and be otherwise medically qualified for service. They must meet all other qualification standards as well.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2022/09/27/aim-high-air-force-green-lights-waivers-for-thc-positive-applicants/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Aim high: Air Force green-lights waivers for THC-positive applicants
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 11:27:19 am »
Yeah, man - - - COOL! :headbang:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2022, 03:13:50 pm »

It's okay if your co-pilot gets high, right?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2022, 04:04:38 pm »
Yeah, as much as I know potheads are more relaxed and less dangerous than drunks, I still would not want one in control of a fighter with a full load of ordnance, if for no other reason than that there's too much risk of an accident.