Author Topic: Trump rips 'fat,' 'phony,' 'whiny' DeSantis as he aims to clear 2024 GOP field  (Read 1681 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
   Why is he giving interviews to NYTimes and Maggie Haberman to begin with?  Does he honestly believe they are going to give him a fair shake?

@corbe

Good point,and I sincerely hope this is a false report.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
If true, it proves my point I posted in the poll section on this subject.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

I almost posted this until I read it was from the NYTimes and Maggie Haberman....fake news until it is verified...
Seriously doubt President Trump said any of those things about DeSantis. The goal of the Democrat Communist fascists is to split Trump and DeSantis into warring tribes. I'll guarantee that Trump was on the phone with DeSantis same day, regardless of what the NYTimes wants you to believe.

Let them live in their fantasy bubble universe. It cannot withstand actual reality when DeSantis and Trump partner.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EdinVA

Just pimping a book... nothing to see here.

Offline aligncare

Seriously doubt President Trump said any of those things about DeSantis. The goal of the Democrat Communist fascists is to split Trump and DeSantis into warring tribes. I'll guarantee that Trump was on the phone with DeSantis same day, regardless of what the NYTimes wants you to believe.

Let them live in their fantasy bubble universe. It cannot withstand actual reality when DeSantis and Trump partner.

Excellent take. Trump is not the caricature portrayed. He’s shown steady control of his emotions over the past, and given the scope of nonstop attacks he’s withstood, pretty thick skin, too. I would have folded my tent and gone home long ago.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Ok... i'll hold off commenting until this is verified. Fair nuff.

I put on a slime suit and read the NY Times article... (small exert below)

I brought up another potential future primary rival, by mentioning that he had been compared to New Jersey’s feisty Governor Chris Christie before the two men faced off in the 2016 primary. Trump replied, “I was compared to him? Why? I didn’t know I had that big of a weight problem.” A small smirk followed. Then: “He’s an opportunist.” I heard that Trump was describing Florida Governor Ron DeSantis in similar terms, calling him “fat,” “phony,” and “whiny,” while claiming credit for making his candidacy in 2018.

I ain't a Trump fan, but sound like she only admits to supposeable (<-- spell check says that ain't a word, but I am Southern) hearing of it... Which means I highly doubt it can be proved Trump said it... That said the article did provide a few quotes of Trumpism hatred towards others that are suppose to be on the right.

Did Trump say it???, who knows, in private we say a lot of things that we don't say in public. Can it be proved as anything other than her wishful wanting to hear it in person, probable not.

Just my two cents...
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline The_Reader_David

Odd, I think those three adjectives are more applicable to Trump than to DeSantis.  Has Trump developed a Democrat-like case of psychological projection?
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.