Author Topic: Fears of sabotage as gas pours into Baltic from Nord Stream 1 and 2 pipelines  (Read 4304 times)

Offline mountaineer

Re: Fears of sabotage as gas pours into Baltic from Nord Stream 1 and 2 pipelines
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2022, 01:07:20 pm »
Another reason why this matters:
Jack Posobiec XLV
@JackPosobiec

MAP BREAK - Did you know: 99% of the world's data and communications traffic is shared through undersea cables
Internet, banking, email, texting. Pay attention to this.

9:02 AM · Sep 29, 2022

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Re: Fears of sabotage as gas pours into Baltic from Nord Stream 1 and 2 pipelines
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2022, 01:15:35 pm »
AZ 🛰🌏🌍🌎
@AZmilitary1
An expeditionary detachment of US Navy ships led by the universal amphibious assault ship USS Kearsarge days ago was in the Baltic Sea. It was 30 km from the site of the alleged sabotage on the Nord Stream-1 gas pipeline and 50 km from the threads of Nord Stream-2 gas pipeline.

9:52 AM · Sep 27, 2022

See entire thread:

https://twitter.com/AZmilitary1/status/1574758898086694912

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2022, 01:48:37 pm »
Bkmk
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2022, 02:00:43 pm »
US military says it was 'absolutely not involved' in Nord Stream pipeline leaks
by Mike Brest, Defense Reporter |
September 28, 2022 05:30 PM

The United States denied responsibility for the Nord Stream pipeline leaks near the Danish island of Bornholm in the Baltic Sea.

A senior U.S. military official told reporters that the U.S. was "absolutely not involved" in the incident during a briefing on Wednesday, though the official could not confirm whether the leaks were caused by a deliberate act.

"The jury is still out," the official said, briefing Pentagon reporters on the condition of anonymity. "Many of our partners, I think, have determined or believe it is sabotage. I'm just — I'm not at the point where I can tell you one way or the other."

The Council of the European Union described the incident as “a deliberate act” and “not a coincidence.”

“The European Union is deeply concerned about damage to the Nord Stream 1 and 2 pipelines that has resulted in leaks in the international waters of the Baltic Sea. Safety and environmental concerns are of utmost priority. These incidents are not a coincidence and affect us all,” the statement added. “Any deliberate disruption of European energy infrastructure is utterly unacceptable and will be met with a robust and united response.”

“These are deliberate actions, not an accident,” Danish Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen told reporters Tuesday. “The situation is as serious as it gets.”

Despite the allegations that Russia was responsible for the blasts, Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said on Monday that President Joe Biden has to answer whether the U.S. was responsible.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/us-military-not-involved-nord-stream
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2022, 11:40:26 pm »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2022, 02:30:10 am »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2022, 11:52:56 am »

Actually, it would have been easiest for Russia to do it. Shoot a pig (a stiff foam plug used to swab out the interior of the pipeline) only load it with explosives on a timer.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2022, 09:48:47 pm »
Enough with the "whodunnit" for the moment.

Can this be repaired?
How?

Assuming much of the pipelines have now filled with seawater, will that do long-term damage?

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Enough with the "whodunnit" for the moment.

Can this be repaired?
How?

Assuming much of the pipelines have now filled with seawater, will that do long-term damage?

They say it will take 6 months to fix.

https://tass.com/economy/1515185

Online DB

Just in time for next spring...

Online Right_in_Virginia

Online Right_in_Virginia

Pedro L. Gonzalez
@emeriticus

Would the US government really blow up Nord Stream 1 and 2? No, that’s crazy, it’s right up there with thinking the US government would use undercover agents to plan the kidnapping of a governor or something kooky like that.

8:33 PM · Oct 1, 2022  ·Twitter for iPhone

Offline Idiot

Pedro L. Gonzalez
@emeriticus

Would the US government really blow up Nord Stream 1 and 2? No, that’s crazy, it’s right up there with thinking the US government would use undercover agents to plan the kidnapping of a governor or something kooky like that.

8:33 PM · Oct 1, 2022  ·Twitter for iPhone
:yowsa:

Offline mountaineer

Johanna Ross
@shottlandka
Maybe I'm missing something here, but if Russians were responsible for blowing up Nord Stream 2, why would they go all the way to the German end of the pipeline to do it? Wouldn't it be easier closer to home?
Picture courtesy: The Sun newspaper

2:45 PM · Oct 1, 2022
·

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Why hasn't anyone turned off the natural gas to keep it from leaking?

This reminds me when Saddam Hussein set the oil wells of Kuwait on fire as Iraqis retreated.

Could be part of a greater "scorched earth" / Nero Order strategy.

Whether or not there is regime change in Russia, the Europeans won't get Russian natural gas this winter.

I'd keep an eye on other underwater infrastructure - pipelines, power lines, communication cables.

The Russians have made a concerted effort to map underwater infrastructure during the past decade.  This may be a asymmetrical war front where Russians have an advantage.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online Right_in_Virginia

Why hasn't anyone turned off the natural gas to keep it from leaking?

The gas leaks have stopped.

Online Right_in_Virginia

"US @SecBlinken offers motive for #NordStream's destruction: "A tremendous opportunity to remove the dependence on Russian energy." (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/snarwani/status/1576562482155761668

Offline mountaineer

"A tremendous opportunity to remove the dependence on Russian energy
What a freakin' idiot. They wouldn't be dependent on Russian gas if the US was still producing it for export. Oh, that's right, we no longer do that.

Online corbe

The LawDog Files

NORDSTREAM

SEPTEMBER 29, 2022 LAWDOG

*crosses self*

“Hail Mary, full of grace …”

Ok, the Nord pipeline incidents.

Sigh. I shouldn’t do this, but …

I call them “incidents” for a reason. I grew up in overseas oilfields. I try to, by training, observe everything from as objectively neutral a viewpoint as possible.

In my experience when anything involving energy-industry hydrocarbons explodes … well, sabotage isn’t the first thing that comes to mind. And honestly, when it comes to a pipeline running natural gas under Russian (non)maintenance, an explosion means that it’s Tuesday. Or Friday. Or another day of the week ending in “y”.

“But, LawDog,” I hear you say, “It was multiple explosions!”

Yes, 17 hours apart. No military is going to arrange for two pipes in the same general area to be destroyed 17 hours apart. Not without some Spec Ops guy having a fit of apoplexy. One pipe goes up in a busy shipping lane, in a busy sea, and everyone takes notice. Then you wait 17 hours to do the second — with 17 hours for people to show up and catch you running dirty? Nah, not buying it.

The Nord pipelines weren’t in use. To me, that means it’s time for maintenance! Hard to maintain pipes when product is flowing.

Pipelines running methane, under saltwater, require PMCS* quicker than you’d think, and more often than you’d believe.

I would bet a cup of coffee that any of the required weekly and monthly checks and services since the Russians took over have been pencil-whipped. (See Andreev Bay 1982.)

<..snip..>

*PMCS: Preventative Maintenance Checks and Services

https://thelawdogfiles.com/2022/09/nordstream.html

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The LawDog Files

NORDSTREAM

SEPTEMBER 29, 2022 LAWDOG

*crosses self*

“Hail Mary, full of grace …”

Ok, the Nord pipeline incidents.

Sigh. I shouldn’t do this, but …

@corbe

Speaking as someone that doesn't know diddly-squat about pipelines,I thank you  for that post.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

Columbia professor Jeffrey Sachs yanked off air after accusing US of sabotaging Nord Stream pipeline
By Alex Blair, News.com.au   
October 4, 2022 1:28pm
A Columbia University professor has accused the US of sabotaging the Nord Stream pipeline in the Baltic Sea, prompting television hosts to pull the plug on his TV interview.

Speaking with Bloomberg, Professor Jeffrey Sachs floated the idea the pipeline, which has been at the center of a global “whodunit” saga in recent weeks, was struck by the US — not Vladimir Putin’s forces — as a means of doing damage to Russia beyond economic sanctions.

The Nord Stream pipelines deliver natural gas directly from Russia to Germany and are essential to keeping the lights on across swaths of Europe. ...

“A lot of the world is watching these events in horror,” Sachs said.

“They view this as a horrible clash between Russia and the US. They don‘t see this, as we do in the media, as an unprovoked attack by Russia on Ukraine.  ...

“I would bet (the explosion) was a US action, perhaps US and Poland,” he said.

Bloomberg host Tom Keene quickly interjected, asking Sachs to produce evidence for his claims.  ...
More at NY Post

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Do we know if US Navy Special Operations Group PT73 was involved?

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Do we know if US Navy Special Operations Group PT73 was involved?

Pt73 and it's crew would never be involved in such an act. I would think it more likely J. Kerry in command of Swift boat PCF-44 being responsible, after all such an insane act aligns quite well with his personal war on fossil fuels.

Offline mountaineer

More allegations:

Bad Kitty For Congress 😼🌹
@pepesgrandma
A torpedo carrying US plane was above the Nordstream when it blew.
It used a masked identity [NA]@@@@@@@@ and a rolling Hex-code to change its specific identity on its way.
9:57 AM · Oct 9, 2022

https://twitter.com/Sander_2021/status/1575998486847246336

Offline Idiot

A few questions....
Is this aircraft capable of carrying arms that could cause this destruction?  Can a torpedo do this?  Wasn't there more than one explosion?  If the U.S. was to do this, why the heck would they have their transponders on to be seen by radar? 

He makes a good case, but just want clarification.