Author Topic: US Army details its directed energy weapon ambitions  (Read 134 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Army details its directed energy weapon ambitions
« on: September 28, 2022, 11:08:18 am »
US Army details its directed energy weapon ambitions

By
Colton Jones
Sep 27, 2022
Modified date: 23 mins ago

The U.S. Army has provided fresh details on the status of its directed energy weapon project.

The DEVCOM Aviation & Missile Center noted in a release that the Army is not building the Death Star.

Contrary to what is in the movies, directed energy does not emit a large red laser, nor does it make a loud noise, and if done right, the target will simply fall out of the sky, not explode in brilliant shards of light, set to a John Williams score.

But that is not to say that directed energy is not making remarkable strides in record time. Take Directed Energy Maneuver-Short Range Air Defense, or DE M-SHORAD. The U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command Aviation & Missile Center and the Rapid Capabilities and Critical Technologies Office have joined with industry partners to build the next generation laser weapon. And they did it in less than two years.

https://defence-blog.com/us-army-details-its-directed-energy-weapon-ambitions/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson