Author Topic: Former DEA official warns parents after fentanyl found disguised in candy packaging: 'It's a mass po  (Read 523 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 September 27, 2022 10:17am EDT
Former DEA official warns parents after fentanyl found disguised in candy packaging: 'It's a mass poisoning'
15,000 fentanyl pills disguised as candy seized in Connecticut ahead of Halloween
By Amy Nelson | Fox News

Derek Maltz, former DEA special operations director, warned parents to educate themselves on the nationwide fentanyl crisis after officials seized 15,000 pills disguised as candy in Connecticut.

With Halloween just weeks away, the DEA is warning parents the deadly rainbow-colored pills may be marketed to children. The recent seizure in Connecticut found the drugs stashed in Skittles and Nerds packaging.

"We’re seeing an unprecedented amount of kids dying as young as 13 years old," Maltz said on "Fox & Friends" Tuesday.

"And we know now, the DEA says, that 40% of the pills contain a potentially lethal dose of fentanyl."

Maltz explained to host Ainsley Earhardt that cartels are taking advantage of teens’ obsession with the internet by selling the drugs on social media platforms. The children being targeted in these sales, Maltz noted, may not know any better.

Maltz encouraged parents to seek out educational materials from the DEA and other non-profits to know what to look out for as Halloween approaches.

"They have to be proactive," he said.

"It’s deadly fentanyl, and it’s flooding our streets like we’ve never seen."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/former-dea-official-warns-parents-fentanyl-found-disguised-candy-packaging-mass-poisoning
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Just one more benefit of the Biden administration, way to China Joe!!

Offline mountaineer

15,000 Fentanyl Pills in Candy Packaging Seized in Connecticut — Officials Fear Cartels Targeting Children
Ethan Letkeman
27 Sep 2022
Officials are raising the alarm that children are being targeted by drug cartels ahead of the Halloween season after authorities discovered 15,000 fentanyl pills hidden in candy packaging in Connecticut.

The Department of Justice (DOJ) announced Friday that two Maryland men, Oscar Flores, 34, and Severe Alelar, 25, had been indicted on multiple charges for trafficking fentanyl.

The two men were arrested in Rock Hill on September 8 after they showed an undercover DEA agent a sample of their supply. The agent told the suspected drug traffickers that he needed to go to another location to pick up the money.

As Flores and Alelar followed the agent behind from another vehicle, a local police officer flashed his lights to pull over the suspects’ SUV. The two attempted to escape by driving over a roadside curb into a grassy area but were boxed in by other law enforcement vehicles.

When investigators searched the SUV, they discovered “numerous Nerds candy boxes and Skittles candy bags,” which ultimately contained 15,000 fentanyl pills. ...
Breitbart

Maybe I'm slow on the uptake, but what have these hombres to gain by sneaking fentanyl into candies? It's not like they'll make money on the deal, will they? Just want to kill some little gringos?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
15,000 Fentanyl Pills in Candy Packaging Seized in Connecticut — Officials Fear Cartels Targeting Children
Ethan Letkeman
27 Sep 2022Breitbart

Maybe I'm slow on the uptake, but what have these hombres to gain by sneaking fentanyl into candies? It's not like they'll make money on the deal, will they? Just want to kill some little gringos?

Agree. I'd expect this from a Mohammed or a Fajid.  What's a mexican national have to gain?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I guess it is better than Razor Blades in apples or needles in candy Bars hoax from years Halloween's past.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

I guess it is better than Razor Blades in apples or needles in candy Bars hoax from years Halloween's past.
I remember when I was around 10, one neighbor offered cups of apple cider which seemed strangely fizzy and smelled a little fermented.  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org