Author Topic: $20 billion payday: Biden’s border surge sends smuggling prices soaring  (Read 295 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
$20 billion payday: Biden’s border surge sends smuggling prices soaring

By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Tuesday, September 27, 2022

The migrant smuggling economy at the U.S.-Mexico border now tops $20 billion and the cartels have made at least $2.6 billion in profit over the past 12 months just from controlling the routes illegal immigrants use, according to a Washington Times analysis.

Both amounts are up substantially from the Trump and Obama years because more people are coming to the border and because they are paying higher prices.

Mexican migrants are paying an average of $8,600 in total smuggling fees this year, according to The Washington Times’ database of smuggling cases. That’s up roughly $2,000 from 2019, the last pre-pandemic year under the Trump administration. Migrants from El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala are paying about $11,500 for the trip, up from $9,000 in 2020 and $7,900 in 2019, The Times’ data shows.

https://www.alipac.us/f12/%2420-billion-payday-biden%92s-border-surge-sends-smuggling-prices-soaring-400057/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: $20 billion payday: Biden’s border surge sends smuggling prices soaring
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022, 12:17:14 pm »
I wonder how much of the 20 billion is working its way back to Biden and the DNC? :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: $20 billion payday: Biden’s border surge sends smuggling prices soaring
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2022, 06:13:32 pm »
Is the Big Guy getting his 10%

If the Cartels are only getting 13%, this is getting spread around (Executives, lawmakers, agencies, etc. on both sides of the Border).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis