Author Topic: EPA report reveals long list of violations at Navy’s Red Hill fuel facility  (Read 154 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EPA report reveals long list of violations at Navy’s Red Hill fuel facility

Your top local headlines for Monday, Sept. 24.
By HNN Staff
Published: Sep. 26, 2022 at 11:06 AM EDT|Updated: 14 hours ago

HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - New federal records reveal a long list of violations by the Navy at the Red Hill fuel facility in the aftermath of the drinking water crisis.

The violations include the lack of a spill response plan for Red Hill’s pipeline system and the failure to operate that system in line with good engineering practice.

This is all from the Environmental Protection Agency, which inspected Red Hill earlier this year after thousands of military families got sick from the fuel-tainted water.

Navy submits updated Red Hill defueling plan, shortening timeline by half a year

The EPA also found the Navy was operating two fuel pits that should have been regulated as underground fuel storage tanks. The report said they lacked proper permits.

Officials also said the Navy’s spill plan’s certifications, checklists and inspection records are incomplete or in need of updating.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2022/09/26/epa-report-reveals-long-list-violations-navys-red-hill-fuel-facility/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson